• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gorilla Accounting- spam?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    I can recall getting a similar letter from SJD many years ago, so yes quite a few have used it. I can’t see the problem, if you’re not interested just phone/email them and tell them to stop, they’ll be happy to as they don’t want to waste money.

Competition is good for us all, it keeps the accountants on their toes which helps us all. Make the most of it, if Corbyn’s Britain happens you’ll have no choice, everything will be nationalised!
    Well yes, it means I have one more firm to add to my "never use" black list. So in that respect, it is very useful.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I'm with Maslins on this one, although there is nothing illegal about this type of marketing (which can be quite successful if done correctly) I don't think it is the right way to target potential clients but Craig/Gorilla seem to think it will work for them so each to their own.

As an aside Craig, I assume Gorilla aren't regulated by either ACCA or ICAEW? Otherwise you could be in a little bit of hot water with either of them, if what I believe the content of your marketing letters to be (based on comments on here) is correct...

Comment

Originally posted by ContrataxLtd View Post
        I'm with Maslins on this one, although there is nothing illegal about this type of marketing (which can be quite successful if done correctly) I don't think it is the right way to target potential clients but Craig/Gorilla seem to think it will work for them so each to their own.

As an aside Craig, I assume Gorilla aren't regulated by either ACCA or ICAEW? Otherwise you could be in a little bit of hot water with either of them, if what I believe the content of your marketing letters to be (based on comments on here) is correct...
        It's not only your profession. As a registered professional engineer we abide by a code of ethics. A very dim view would be taken if I were to start spamming other engineer's clients saying that I were better/cheaper/whatever compared to their currently engaged professional engineer. As I said above though, this kind of thread does make it easier to add firms to my black list as required. So the spam does serve a very useful purpose actually now I think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          It's not only your profession. As a registered professional engineer we abide by a code of ethics. A very dim view would be taken if I were to start spamming other engineer's clients saying that I were better/cheaper/whatever compared to their currently engaged professional engineer. As I said above though, this kind of thread does make it easier to add firms to my black list as required. So the spam does serve a very useful purpose actually now I think about it.
          Similar thing in accountancy:

"A professional accountant in public practice should not bring the profession into disrepute when marketing professional services. The professional accountant in public practice should be honest and truthful and should not:
          • Make exaggerated claims for services offered, qualifications possessed or experience gained; or
          • Make disparaging references to unsubstantiated comparisons to the work of another."
          P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
            Similar thing in accountancy:

"A professional accountant in public practice should not bring the profession into disrepute when marketing professional services. The professional accountant in public practice should be honest and truthful and should not:
            • Make exaggerated claims for services offered, qualifications possessed or experience gained; or
            • Make disparaging references to unsubstantiated comparisons to the work of another."
            I see you've been reading the ACCA rule book Simon...

Comment

I see you've been reading the ACCA rule book Simon...
              He had to, LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                He had to, LOL!
                Hahaha - very good!
                P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Is that a thing? I've had a few letters over the years from firms bragging about their accreditation.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
                    Is that a thing? I've had a few letters over the years from firms bragging about their accreditation.
                    If you are a member of a professional association you brag not slag...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Resurrecting an old thread i know but they must be persisting with this as I’ve had a client forward a letter he received. The headline is “are you getting value for money from BroomeAffinity?” They charge more than us!!

Comment

Working...
                      X