• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working via UK Ltd, without residence ANYWHERE (remote work + travel)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be worth sending a PM to alreadypacked who is a fiscal nomad and get her advice on how she gets it to work.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The OP thinks he has stumbled across an ingenious plan no one has ever thought of before.

It’s clearly not as simple as he thinks and he isn’t getting the straightforward “yes, just do it like this...” he thought he would get.

Comment

Originally posted by WaldemarPross View Post
        I don't live in UK. I don't benefit from any of these services.
        Do you live in the EU?

If so, you do benefit from the NHS, for example - the reciprocal agreement that means you get healthcare in other EU member states (EHIC), and also the UK's membership of the EU, whereby some of the money raised from UK taxes goes to the EU.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If you will not be in the EU then you can' t use your Ltd and if you do HMRC will assume it's all UK income because you won't be able to prove otherwise.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            If you will not be in the EU then you can' t use your Ltd and if you do HMRC will assume it's all UK income because you won't be able to prove otherwise.
            Actually, can use a UK Ltd, but would have to register it as a "foreign branch" in the company register in that other country and comply with all tax, accounting and tax regimes as if it were a local company there.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              The OP thinks he has stumbled across an ingenious plan no one has ever thought of before.

It’s clearly not as simple as he thinks and he isn’t getting the straightforward “yes, just do it like this...” he thought he would get.
              Nope, but I might be in a situation different to many other people and so have more options to optimise how I pay taxes. I think only a small percentage of people can go from one country to another every few months, living from just one backpack. And even if others knew they can reduce taxes they pay by doing that, they would still prefer to stay in one place, pay taxes there, do everything as the state expects you to do etc.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Do you live in the EU?

If so, you do benefit from the NHS, for example - the reciprocal agreement that means you get healthcare in other EU member states (EHIC), and also the UK's membership of the EU, whereby some of the money raised from UK taxes goes to the EU.
                I will spend about 2/3 of time in EU, rest somewhere else.
                I don't use EHIC and have private international insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  As long as you don't draw an income from YourCo. then you won't have any income tax to pay from that source? Simple as.
                  Yup, aware of that. But I gotta eat and sleep and stuff and need money for that
                  I mean even if I did that, I would have to take it out at some point.

Comment

I might have some info.

Originally posted by WaldemarPross View Post
                    Thank you all for the info! I will probably consult an accountant.

...OK, let's put it that way than: for someone who can live anywhere in Europe and (I assume) register a company anywhere in EU/UK, with clients in UK and EU (well, mostly I invoice agencies based in UK), what is are the best places to set up a company and get a residency?
                    Can you PM me. I might have some information that can help. I cannot appear to PM you.

Comment

Originally posted by the tartan one View Post
                      Can you PM me. I might have some information that can help. I cannot appear to PM you.
                      You are not allowed PM permission until you make 6 posts.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X