• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dip in Level of Service from Nixon Williams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Haven't had a peep off Nixon Williams for months, not even to offer new salary advice for 2019. Dividend requests not being replied to for days, accountancy taking a week... are they shutting up shop?
    Your frustration with NW seems to go back well over a year going by your earlier posts on this thread - perhaps now is the time to have a look at what else is available?

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemy Accountancy View Post
      Your frustration with NW seems to go back well over a year going by your earlier posts on this thread - perhaps now is the time to have a look at what else is available?
      What can I say, I like to give people a chance...
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by NixonWilliams View Post

Good Afternoon Mash,

I note that you have made reference to a change in the level of service you are receiving from Nixon Williams and I would obviously like to address these concerns where possible.

So that I can assess the situation further for you, could I ask that you please send me a private message with your contact details, or alternatively email me directly at [email protected].

Additionally, if any other forum posters have any concerns that they would like to raise, please feel free to drop me an email.

Many thanks in advance.

Jake Ashurst
        People aren't even replying to emails now. Are you still there Jake?
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

People aren't even replying to emails now. Are you still there Jake?
          I doubt it. There's a bloke by that name in a firm up near Nixon Williams in Lancashire. He's Client Manager at Brown & Co Chartered Accountants according to LinkedIn.

PS - I hope you changed accountant?
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

I doubt it. There's a bloke by that name in a firm up near Nixon Williams in Lancashire. He's Client Manager at Brown & Co Chartered Accountants according to LinkedIn.

PS - I hope you changed accountant?
            Guess he dipped out.

Yeah. I was feeling inspired last year to move after just too many cockups and missing information. At the time I wondered if I was being a little bit high maintenance in throwing my toys. I moved at a time when they were still around enough to participate in the handover.

I'm going to listen to my gut more in the future.
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Guess he dipped out.

Yeah. I was feeling inspired last year to move after just too many cockups and missing information. At the time I wondered if I was being a little bit high maintenance in throwing my toys. I moved at a time when they were still around enough to participate in the handover.

I'm going to listen to my gut more in the future.
              If you read the threads on Churchill Knight and Boox, you might be thinking quite hard about how the future relationship looks between accountants and contractors?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

If you read the threads on Churchill Knight and Boox, you might be thinking quite hard about how the future relationship looks between accountants and contractors?
                Aren't they a case of "accountants" providing "schemes " rather than the usual P&L though?
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Aren't they a case of "accountants" providing "schemes " rather than the usual P&L though?
                  Nope.

Depending on how that pans out, I think a lot of contractors that use accountants could be in for a serious shock in a few years time. Logically, it shouldn't happen, but there is a non-trivial chance that it will happen.

Comment

No, seriously, take a read if you haven't yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X