• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dip in Level of Service from Nixon Williams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren at Fox-Bartfield
    replied
    LLP

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Too secretive, and because there are no rules of ‘capital maintenance’, LLP members are free to withdraw profits whereas for Ltds rules for capital maintenance restrict members from withdrawing profits if accumulated profits are insufficient.
    Not when they're bound by regulatory guidelines from the ICAEW

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
    Why?
    Too secretive, and because there are no rules of ‘capital maintenance’, LLP members are free to withdraw profits whereas for Ltds rules for capital maintenance restrict members from withdrawing profits if accumulated profits are insufficient.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I don't think so...

From their website:

I wouldn't touch an accountant LLP with yours, Tony.
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyF View Post
    Dynamo
    I don't think so...

From their website:
    Dynamo Accounts is a trading name of Henton & Co LLP, a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales under
    registration number OC300006. VAT registration number 664774396
    I wouldn't touch an accountant LLP with yours, Tony.

Leave a comment:

• TonyF
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    So where are all the refugees from SJD and NW going?
    Dynamo

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    It would be ironic if they were going to Clearsky!

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    What you term sausage factories can be very efficient. It all falls down when you stop investing in staff, stop treating the staff as people, put inexperienced people in charge and only have a short term view because you’re planning to sell the business.
    Where that strategy seems to fall down is that any business that is up for sale only a short time after being bought, which is losing/has lost many key staff and a lot of dissatisfied customers have left/are leaving - The sum likely to be realised on the sale is likely to be much less than what it was bought for. The laughing I can hear down in Monaco is positively deafening in its volume. Once valuable and admired brands like SJD and NW now seem toxic to me.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    What you term sausage factories can be very efficient. It all falls down when you stop investing in staff, stop treating the staff as people, put inexperienced people in charge and only have a short term view because you’re planning to sell the business.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    With only 2 posts and no documented preference on Gladiators you won't have the ability to PM will you?
    Given the forecast for next week, I'd be more worried about bleeding the radiators.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X