• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sexual Harassment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Not sure, but something along the lines of if you put the details on the internet it will haunt you forever?
    Ain't that the truth.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Ain't that the truth.
      And you should know
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

yes that's exactly my point.

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Not sure, but something along the lines of if you put the details on the internet it will haunt you forever?
        Yes, that's exactly my point. As stated I remember doing a quick search on this recruitment agent who confessed that she sued her previous employer and she was on an official list - this was many years ago. If I do it today, I can't find the official data but the case was publicized as she has her own recruitment agency business and it's negative publicity for her competitor. We all know what the bozos in HR are like when they do their checks, if something is flagged like an industrial tribunal that may put a stopper on a job offer. I dunno how the law stands on this right now and also if there is a way of easily searching industrial tribunal cases and those involved and if so can you somehow remove yourself from that public list as it may impede you when finding new jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
          Yes, that's exactly my point. As stated I remember doing a quick search on this recruitment agent who confessed that she sued her previous employer and she was on an official list - this was many years ago. If I do it today, I can't find the official data but the case was publicized as she has her own recruitment agency business and it's negative publicity for her competitor. We all know what the bozos in HR are like when they do their checks, if something is flagged like an industrial tribunal that may put a stopper on a job offer. I dunno how the law stands on this right now and also if there is a way of easily searching industrial tribunal cases and those involved and if so can you somehow remove yourself from that public list as it may impede you when finding new jobs.
          There isn't an easy way of searching industrial tribunals. This is delibrate to prevent employers blacklisting people.

The only cases that people can easily find out about are those that go to an appeal court, or those that are so unusual they are used as a precedent even though neither party appeals.

Very few of these cases end up in the media so tend to be found via law books.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Surely the probation period is a non-issue in cases of discrimination/harassment? I know being in probation makes it easier to get rid of someone but if she has evidence of it then I don't see how they could get rid of her under some other guise (e.g. poor performance) and pretend the email didn't exist.

Legal advice sounds like it turned out to be the right option. It's sad but hopefully it turns out okay for her, and at least she may come out having learned how to deal with such situations early on in her career.

Also the fact that it was perpetrated by women doesn't change the sexual harassment angle IMO, or even make it that strange to me. We all know some women can be very scathing and a competitive working environment doesn't always bring out the best in people.
            Last edited by Willapp; 14 November 2016, 11:10.

Comment

Can Miss Lockhouse feel stressed, brought on by the emotional damage that this has caused? Kerching. Nuff said.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
                Also the fact that it was perpetrated by women doesn't change the sexual harassment angle IMO, or even make it that strange to me. We all know some women can be very scathing and a competitive working environment doesn't always bring out the best in people.
                It doesn't surprise me too. Women can be worse than men, they are mean to each other. If you thing they understand the women's problems better than men forget that.

Comment

She was signed off for two weeks with work related stress and has just been sacked via email. She's taking legal advice.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    She was signed off for two weeks with work related stress and has just been sacked via email. She's taking legal advice.
                    That alone is enough to warrant bringing a claim let alone the rest. HR generally steer well clear of sacking people while on stress at the best of times. Good luck.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      Wow.

May as well sue them now as she won't be getting a reference from them.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X