• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sexual Harassment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately the situation has further deteriorated and it's all gone legal. Not what my daughter wanted but after speaking to the sender of the email she was left with no choice. All very sad.
    Good luck to her - let us know how it pans out.

Comment

I seriously hope they are absolutely bricking it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I seriously hope they are absolutely bricking it.
        If they weren't before, they are now.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I've sent you a PM was sent before the update but still contains useful information.
          Thank you, absolutely perfect.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Maybe a bit late but check your home insurance policy to see if it covers you and family members for employment disputes. Usually if you added legal protection that is one of the benefits and often covers up to 30-50k of legal advice and representation. Being a small company they may decide to just settle out of court if you have good legal backing - the alternative for them is protracted bad publicity which could finish them off. I'm not sure if there are limits to sexual harassment claims but you should try and get at least 12-18 months earnings out of them and ensure any compromise agreement includes a commitment to provide good references.

Sadly for a young woman in her first job this kind of thing can absolutely shatter confidence. I guess the key thing as a parent will be to work out what emotional help and support she needs to recover from this and find a job just as good that has some decent people in it. Real shame as I've worked in all extremes of companies and there are some lovely people and some total a*seholes - I hope she finds something surrounded by the former.

Comment

I would think it unlikely they would let her pass her probation period, as they would want to get shot of her asap to try to get rid of the problem.
              Therefore going down the legal route right away would seem to be the best thing to have done.
              Hope she gets plenty of money in compensation, allowing her a well deserved extended holiday to rest and recuperate.

Comment

Is it worth involving the police?

Comment

One thing to consider though...

I remember a recruitment agent (female and the director of her company that focused mainly on IT in City firms) mentioning to me that she sued one of her previous employers because he got rid of her when she was having a baby. The case was widely publicised and she won but info on this is still around on the internet. I'm not sure at the time (many years ago) if I looked the case up on the internet and saw her on a list with the verdict of the industrial tribunal. So what I'm saying is be aware of the possibility of being black listed in the industry that your daughter is in and think of ways of getting around it if possible.

Comment

What??
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      What??
                      Not sure, but something along the lines of if you put the details on the internet it will haunt you forever?
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X