• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pensions Newby

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have an accountant?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No, just me

Comment

And you think that's a good idea looking at your questions and the fact you haven't practised accounting for 20 years?

Comment

Originally posted by seeourbee View Post
          Like I said, if you can't help..

Clearly you have too much time on your hands so that you go through old posts. I'm a qualified accountant but haven't done personal tax in much detail in 20years.

Your next insult please ...
          Hmmm, I was going to post some helpful stuff, I don't think I'll bother. To be candid, even if you haven't practiced accountancy for 20 years, you should be able to find all your answers in about 10 minutes from what you already claim to know.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

To be fair you are getting what you paid for

Comment

As a sole director, don't worry about the auto enrollment stuff or whether you pay 5% and your "employer (also you)" "matches" it - you should just set up a pension scheme (there's lots of threads about which one) and pay company contributions into it

Comment

Originally posted by seeourbee
                Great, another unhelpful twat
                I answered all your questions. Stupid as they were.
                You then asked more stupid questions. I also answered them.
                I then questioned your view on your ability as evidence suggests you aren't a very good accountant, assuming you are actually one at all (I'd have sacked you by now).

And you call me (and others) a twat.
                Last edited by administrator; 12 October 2016, 11:01. Reason: Oh dear. No winking please Lance. seeourbee - you seem to rubbing everyone up the wrong way :(
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  I answered all your questions. Stupid as they were.
                  You then asked more stupid questions. I also answered them.
                  I then questioned your view on your ability as evidence suggests you aren't a very good accountant, assuming you are actually one at all (I'd have sacked you by now).

And you call me (and others) a twat.
                  You other threads also resulted in you flouncing like a child as well. What is it you don't like about free advice? And why keep asking?
                  Last edited by administrator; 12 October 2016, 11:01. Reason: Quoted winker. Many winkers! Oh my eyes!!
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Set up a pension scheme (HL, III - for example. Maybe NEST), make company contributions into it (up to £40k per year). The contributions offset corporation tax. Have all the money put into a tracker fund (or funds) (e.g. HSBC FTSE 250 tracker, Fundsmith, Vanguard Lifestrategy 80%).

For Auto Enrollment and whether it applies and what you need to do, go here
                    Find out your automatic enrolment duties | The Pensions Regulator

Forget personal contributions, forget Payroll, forget salary sacrifice - just do the above.

These suggestions are not advice, I am not an accountant or an IFA, personal circumstances may vary and so this may not be appropriate for you. It is what works for me.
                    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by seeourbee View Post
                      Like I said, if you can't help..

Clearly you have too much time on your hands so that you go through old posts. I'm a qualified accountant but haven't done personal tax in much detail in 20years.

Your next insult please ...
                      I presume you are a member of an accounting body - Chartered, Certified etc. Is there not a forum for these bodies where you can get the answers you require, rather than asking on what is predominantly an IT Contractor forum ?

Comment

Working...
                      X