• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Pensions Newby

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pensions Newby"

Collapse

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    about right except this time he was banned rather than flounced.
    Tomayto tomahto [emoji3]

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
    I see a trend:

Guy asks for free advice (as a substitute for paid-for advice)
    Guy gets it
    Guy doesn't like what he's told
    Guy gets chippy
    Guy flounces off in a huff and CUK returns to normal until the cycle begins again
    about right except this time he was banned rather than flounced.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    I see a trend:

Guy asks for free advice (as a substitute for paid-for advice)
    Guy gets it
    Guy doesn't like what he's told
    Guy gets chippy
    Guy flounces off in a huff and CUK returns to normal until the cycle begins again

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    I presume you are a member of an accounting body - Chartered, Certified etc. Is there not a forum for these bodies where you can get the answers you require, rather than asking on what is predominantly an IT Contractor forum ?
    I don't think he'll be answering anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by seeourbee View Post
    Like I said, if you can't help..

Clearly you have too much time on your hands so that you go through old posts. I'm a qualified accountant but haven't done personal tax in much detail in 20years.

Your next insult please ...
    I presume you are a member of an accounting body - Chartered, Certified etc. Is there not a forum for these bodies where you can get the answers you require, rather than asking on what is predominantly an IT Contractor forum ?

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Set up a pension scheme (HL, III - for example. Maybe NEST), make company contributions into it (up to £40k per year). The contributions offset corporation tax. Have all the money put into a tracker fund (or funds) (e.g. HSBC FTSE 250 tracker, Fundsmith, Vanguard Lifestrategy 80%).

For Auto Enrollment and whether it applies and what you need to do, go here
    Find out your automatic enrolment duties | The Pensions Regulator

Forget personal contributions, forget Payroll, forget salary sacrifice - just do the above.

These suggestions are not advice, I am not an accountant or an IFA, personal circumstances may vary and so this may not be appropriate for you. It is what works for me.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    I answered all your questions. Stupid as they were.
    You then asked more stupid questions. I also answered them.
    I then questioned your view on your ability as evidence suggests you aren't a very good accountant, assuming you are actually one at all (I'd have sacked you by now).

And you call me (and others) a twat.
    You other threads also resulted in you flouncing like a child as well. What is it you don't like about free advice? And why keep asking?
    Last edited by administrator; 12 October 2016, 11:01. Reason: Quoted winker. Many winkers! Oh my eyes!!

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by seeourbee
    Great, another unhelpful twat
    I answered all your questions. Stupid as they were.
    You then asked more stupid questions. I also answered them.
    I then questioned your view on your ability as evidence suggests you aren't a very good accountant, assuming you are actually one at all (I'd have sacked you by now).

And you call me (and others) a twat.
    Last edited by administrator; 12 October 2016, 11:01. Reason: Oh dear. No winking please Lance. seeourbee - you seem to rubbing everyone up the wrong way :(

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    As a sole director, don't worry about the auto enrollment stuff or whether you pay 5% and your "employer (also you)" "matches" it - you should just set up a pension scheme (there's lots of threads about which one) and pay company contributions into it

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    To be fair you are getting what you paid for

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by seeourbee View Post

Clearly you have too much time on your hands so that you go through old posts. I'm a qualified accountant but haven't done personal tax in much detail in 20years.

Hmmm, I was going to post some helpful stuff, I don't think I'll bother. To be candid, even if you haven't practiced accountancy for 20 years, you should be able to find all your answers in about 10 minutes from what you already claim to know.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    And you think that's a good idea looking at your questions and the fact you haven't practised accounting for 20 years?

Leave a comment:

• seeourbee
    replied
    No, just me

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Do you have an accountant?

Leave a comment:

• seeourbee
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X