• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who to pursue for unpaid time when working via an umbrella?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    No he doesn't.. He just messed up his first statement and should have said being a contractor is not the same as being a permie...
    Just? Completely more like!

The OP's post is about payments. That said, OP's clearly cut of their nose to spite their face if they've killed off a contract over not getting WFH privs.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
      Surely mistaken, given the OP stated he was through an umbrella.
      Erm, yeah I said that...

I've mistakenly mentioned IR35 in this case.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Just? Completely more like!

The OP's post is about payments. That said, OP's clearly cut of their nose to spite their face if they've killed off a contract over not getting WFH privs.
        I dunno about completely. Take out the word IR35 and the whole reply is still totally relevant. The post is about a disputed time which has resulted in no payments. He fixes the dispute, he fixes the payment. Sometimes a quick answer to the direct question what the OP is asking isn't the best advice IMO.

Comment

I think that's enough squabbling.

1) The OP worked and the end-client doesn't want to pay
          2) He's working through a brolly.

Discussions on whether he's in IR35, a proper contractor or done a foolish thing are irrelevant.

For the OP:
          Tell the umbrella company that you've not been paid for work done and ask them to chase the agency. Give them all the evidence that you did work. You cannot personally chase the agency nor the client, as you do not have any contractual relationship with them at all. Welcome to one of the downsides of using a brolly.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Surely mistaken, given the OP stated he was through an umbrella.
            He'll have to ask his accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I think that's enough squabbling.

1) The OP worked and the end-client doesn't want to pay
              2) He's working through a brolly.

Discussions on whether he's in IR35, a proper contractor or done a foolish thing are irrelevant.

For the OP:
              Tell the umbrella company that you've not been paid for work done and ask them to chase the agency. Give them all the evidence that you did work. You cannot personally chase the agency nor the client, as you do not have any contractual relationship with them at all. Welcome to one of the downsides of using a brolly.
              Are you a consultant by any chance?

You've just regurgitated the conclusion that NLUK and I came to.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Erm, yeah I said that...
                I completely misread the original.

Comment

I completely misread the original.
                  You just wanted to see me say it again didn't you.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    You've just regurgitated the conclusion that NLUK and I came to.
                    And? The aim was to stop the and bring the thread back on topic.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      And? The aim was to stop the and bring the thread back on topic.
                      There were no handbags. It was just a usual NLUK IR35 thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X