• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency hasn't renew contract. Agency fault!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milesm3515 View Post
    Hi,

No ones there covering, 6 people down. clients trying to get things sorted and i may even have to switch to another agent secretly as there is clause in place not allowing me to work there for six months
    given that the agency is unable to proceed I doubt the clause is enforceable
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Cant help but think that the only ones who are going to be able to sort this out are the client. Nothing OP can do.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by milesm3515 View Post
        So surly the agent is acting against my best interests and causing me a loss now of 4 days.
        If you're expecting the agent to act in your best interests, you're going to be very disappointed over time.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
          If you're expecting the agent to act in your best interests, you're going to be very disappointed over time.
          Hmmm, but when their commission is also on the line you got to think in cases like this they might be. The fact your interests are served as a result of them covering their own interest might be closer to the truth though I guess.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sorry, in this instance I would be asking the client to put me on one of their current agencies preferred list

Comment

Working...
            X