• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Fred, I hope you are better at IT than you are at reading genealogy records.
    Trust me, I'm a lot worse at IT LOL!
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      I can count three, D*R's and none of them are DR or DJR.
      Look at the top of the page. Under 'Name of Child', heading the first column, is the child's surname -- 'Roberts' for all of these on the page.

Then, for each child it gives the first and second name. The second column gives the mother's maiden name (all uppercase). You should just ignore the second column, doesn't help you at all.

The key is first to recognise these are all Roberts. Second, to look for the Darren's and see if any have a second name starting with J. There is one in the Oct-Dec quarter, four in the Jan-March quarter.

Comment

It's not a wrap. Fred's looking at the mother's maiden name. There is a Darren James Roberts (mother's maiden name DORN) born in Croydon in the quarter that matters. There are four Darren J Roberts listed in the following quarter.

And for all we know, the real Darren J Roberts if he is not DJU could have been born to British parents in Australia, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, or a hundred other places where Britain once ruled the waves, and so unsurprisingly might not turn up on this listing.

I think we're pretty close to beyond reasonable doubt, too. But there are too many people in this country who weren't born here for this to do more than nudge the needle a very little bit further. It fits the picture but it proves nothing at all.
        Holy sh*t, you are correct. I was looking at the column of maiden names. My apologies. It's been a very long day down here. However, a bit more searching would conclusively nail it. Quite likely that a professional would be registered to one of the professional bodies at some time while practising and there won't be many D*Rs registered who were born in Dec 1971. Will there?

Comment

Look at the top of the page. Under 'Name of Child', heading the first column, is the child's surname -- 'Roberts' for all of these on the page.

Then, for each child it gives the first and second name. The second column gives the mother's maiden name (all uppercase). You should just ignore the second column, doesn't help you at all.

The key is first to recognise these are all Roberts. Second, to look for the Darren's and see if any have a second name starting with J. There is one in the Oct-Dec quarter, four in the Jan-March quarter.
          Yes, WiB, I'm sorry, it's been a very long day down here.

Comment

There was a Darren James Roberts in the key quarter in question.

There were two Darren James Roberts in the next quarter, and two Darren John Roberts.

Comment

Yes, WiB, I'm sorry, it's been a very long day down here.
              LOL. I'm glad to endorse your sig line for you today!

Comment

LOL. I'm glad to endorse your sig line for you today!

Comment

Seriously, my last word today. I am very grateful indeed for CUK facilitating this kind of community led initiative. It's likely one of the best things that's ever happened on CUK. I've been here quite sometime and it's the best I've seen. A very great public service has been done here. Thanks CUK and all the contributors, I'm convinced anyway.

Comment

However, a bit more searching would conclusively nail it. Quite likely that a professional would be registered to one of the professional bodies at some time while practising and there won't be many D*Rs registered who were born in Dec 1971. Will there?
                    I doubt we can really conclusively nail it. DJR does not claim to ever have been registered with a professional body, does he?

But the picture paints a thousand words, doesn't it? Then so many other things line up with this.

Dynamo/Henton could nail this down for us one way or another, but won't because of legal action. That tells a story, too.

Fox-Bartfield could nail it down for us but if they were going to they would have by now. Maybe they aren't talking because they're in a legal fight, too, or maybe because they knew all along and now they've been caught out and are just trying to ride the storm out.

DJR himself could provide a birth certificate and end the whole thing and he hasn't done so. That also, IMO, tells a story.

In all likelihood the only ones that could really clear it up for us definitively are the police or the Daily Mail. The DM could follow the guy around and dig places we probably can't dig, and perhaps prove the case. I don't really have an appetite for that because I don't know that they'd be honest and I don't know that he was trying to defraud anyone this time, he might have just been trying to rebuild his life.

That leaves the police. If he broke his ban when F-B was set up (seems highly likely), that's something they should be interested in. If he used false ID, that should be of interest to them. If he violated the terms of his licence (possible, I can't find those terms anywhere), that would be of interest.

And if he's done none of those things, they aren't going to tell us anything, even if it is DJU.

So all that said, I think it should go to the police. And if he's broken the law, they should deal with it. And if not, presumably the legal case with Dynamo will play out and we might learn something there eventually. Until then, since there's legal action going on in at least one place, maybe it's time for me to drop out of the discussion.

But if anyone asked my advice about using Darren Roberts or F-B as their accountant, I'd be showing them those pictures and saying, 'And there's a lot more that makes the case about more than just physical resemblance.'

Comment

Seriously, my last word today. I am very grateful indeed for CUK facilitating this kind of community led initiative. It's likely one of the best things that's ever happened on CUK. I've been here quite sometime and it's the best I've seen. A very great public service has been done here. Thanks CUK and all the contributors, I'm convinced anyway.
                      Hear hear.

Comment

Working...
                      X