• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    But how many Darren Roberts were born in December 1971? If there were none, then DU/DR are the same and DR is an alias,
    And a few registered in Jan-Mar 1972 - you'd need to check the difference between Registered, and actual Birth Date:

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      A dozen or so in the Oct-Dec quarter:
      There's only two there and neither of them are DJR or DR. It doesn't say the month though. I bet none are December and none are DJR or DR. This is looking beyond reasonable doubt to me, truly.

And Jan/Mar 1972 there's only a Darren Mark Roberts. I tell you, a civil court would consider this case proven, as it's "on the balance of probability". A criminal court would likely think it "beyond reasonable doubt" too.

I'm now convinced DJU and D*R are the same person and Roberts is an alias. Probably.
      Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 15 March 2019, 12:59.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I am very sure Simon would know if he ever employed DU though.
        Which is irrelevant if DJU and DJR are NOT one and the same. So I don't see how this line of investigation helps, unless someone could get access to SJD employment records for those 20 years, and even then, DJR could have done some independent work for them for a brief time and slapped SJD on his his LinkedIn. I just don't see how this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
          Which is irrelevant if DJU and DJR are NOT one and the same. So I don't see how this line of investigation helps, unless someone could get access to SJD employment records for those 20 years, and even then, DJR could have done some independent work for them for a brief time and slapped SJD on his his LinkedIn. I just don't see how this helps.
          See above, DJU and D*R are one and the same. Probably. There's only three D*R candidates born between Oct 71 and Mar 72. None of the three are DR or DJR. It works for me. We know conclusively they are both on record as born **/12/1971 at Companies House.
          Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 15 March 2019, 12:58.

Comment

Looks like that's a wrap.

I'm completely sold they are one and the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
              Looks like that's a wrap.

I'm completely sold they are one and the same.
              +1 Overwhelming, there just aren't any DR or DJR's born in the UK in even that six month period, let alone December 1971.
              Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 15 March 2019, 13:15.

Comment

It's not a wrap. Fred's looking at the mother's maiden name. There is a Darren James Roberts (mother's maiden name DORN) born in Croydon in the quarter that matters. There are four Darren J Roberts listed in the following quarter.

And for all we know, the real Darren J Roberts if he is not DJU could have been born to British parents in Australia, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, or a hundred other places where Britain once ruled the waves, and so unsurprisingly might not turn up on this listing.

I think we're pretty close to beyond reasonable doubt, too. But there are too many people in this country who weren't born here for this to do more than nudge the needle a very little bit further. It fits the picture but it proves nothing at all.

Comment

+1 Overwhelming, there just aren't any DR or DJR's born in the UK in even that six month period, let alone December 1971.
                  there are quite a few on meridan's pictures?

Comment

Fred, I hope you are better at IT than you are at reading genealogy records.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                      there are quite a few on meridan's pictures?
                      I can count three, D*R's and none of them are DR or DJR.

Comment

Working...
                      X