• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    If all this is true then surely we should withdraw the award for both years and it should go to the second place candidate in what was a close run thing both years.

I humbly accept and thank all those that supported me in winning the award two years running.

Haha.

Comment

Is it true Netflix are making a mini series about a Darren’s life ? - should make fun viewing

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I'd be very keen to hear from any current clients of Darren. He gave some great advice in this forum for quite some time, picking up a lot of business along the way.

Comment

To be fair it's not down to Darren or F-B to prove their case, it's up to a random bunch of uninformed commentators on an internet forum to prove theirs.

HTH. BIDI...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            To be fair it's not down to Darren or F-B to prove their case, it's up to a random bunch of uninformed commentators on an internet forum to prove theirs.

HTH. BIDI...
            A man with nothing to hide should want to clear his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
              A man with nothing to hide should want to clear his name.
              A man with nothing to hide will either be laughing up his sleeve at this nonsense or preparing a libel suit.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

HTH. BIDI...
                WOW!

Even by your standards of arguing the sky isn't blue that is one hell of a statement.

How many times has someone come on here for advise about a scheme or an umbrella offering 95% take home and we have told them to stay away. If DR is DU and we do not tell as many people as possible to make them aware of the very obvious risks, we are failing in our duty to other contractors as much as Heatons/FB have done if they have in fact employing him.

If the "random bunch of uninformed commentators on an internet forum" are wrong, and it certainly looks as if they are not, then it can be easily sorted by one of many parties from commenting, but "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

I have kept my head low from this thread to save myself from embarrassment as someone who swore blind they are not the same person but now happy to say evidence otherwise shows I was wrong, but the level of absurdity at your often absurd posts means I will happy take the flack of being wrong on this one.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

A man with nothing to hide will either be laughing up his sleeve at this nonsense or preparing a libel suit.
                  Please say what is libelous here. The only thing that could be considered libelous is an affirmative statement by one person that DJR and DJU are one and the same.

The rest? Well, it isn't libelous to say the pictures are very, very similar. It isn't libelous to say the birth month/year is the same. Or to say that it is interesting that, despite being a PSC, DJR was never a director. Or to say that you can change a name by deed poll but you can't change birth details and the person in question wouldn't want to get in trouble with Companies House over something so silly as false birth details.

It isn't libelous to report that Dynamo is refusing to comment on whether DJR is DJU because of pending legal action, and it isn't libelous to conclude that there would be very few legal actions that would prevent them asserting that he ISN'T DJU if they in fact know that he isn't.

It isn't libelous to observe that F-B has taken their team page down. Or to observe that a guy has spent hundreds of hours here trying to build a reputation and credibility to build up a clientele, but at the slightest whiff of this he's gone, and that Dom of F-B hasn't tried to limit the damage by refuting it.

Nor is it libelous to say that his claim that his awards proved he's not DJU was false. I'll add now, his statement that he worked at regulated companies as being proof of any thing is somewhat disingenuous.

Conclusive? No. Compelling, yes.

You mentioned burden of proof. Well, it depends. We aren't charging him with a crime. We're saying there's a compelling case that should be answered. If F-B, and to a much greater extent DJR himself, want to protect their credibility with the participants of this community, they are going to need to say something. Presumably they do want credibility since they are still advertising here.

And that fact means CUK needs to say something, too. I doubt their other advertisers really want to be advertising at a place where Darren Upton is allowed to advertise. They have something to protect here, too. It should be relatively easy to get this answered once and for all, if he isn't DJU, and it's to everyone's benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post

OMFG <modsnip>

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                      Well, well, well. Fox Bartfield is in Leeds. Who says you can't go home again?

Earlier:

Darren Roberts' first post on CUK was in April 2016 on contracting in Sheffield (Yorkshire again). He won best forum advisor in 2016 and 2017 in the annual reader awards, after Upton would have been out. And this was stated on another thread:

To which Darren himself replied:

He knew he didn't get those awards during the time Darren Upton was in prison, and if he were honest he'd have said so, rather than claiming it proved his innocence. So he lied. And that, as much as the obvious physical likeness, is pretty damning. He could have said, 'Not true, my first award wasn't until 2016,' and he'd have actually gained credibility, but liars usually get in such a habit of lying they can't help themselves, and end up lying on things, like this, that are easily disproved.

Also earlier:

No one ever said Darren Upton wasn't knowledgeable. And apparently Dynamo has chosen to profit from that without saying anything?
                      • You'd think the bloody tabloid press would be interested in this one, given the lurid backstory.
                      • You'd think anyone at Fox-Bartfield who wants to have any credibility here would be speaking up to say, 'No, it wasn't him, here's proof,' but they aren't.
                      • You'd think Dynamo would be either saying, 'We blew it,' or 'No, we know it isn't him, and here's why.'
                      • You'd think IPSE would be ripping any partnership they have with Dynamo to shreds unless there's an immediate and public refutation or explanation.
                      • You'd also think Companies House would be interested if someone was registered as a person of significant control under a false name.
                      • You'd think Generate (claimed on his LinkedIn for the time Darren Upton was in prision) would be willing to confirm aye or nay, 'Yes, we had a Darren Roberts here during that time' or 'no, it's a lie'.
                      • You'd think the bloody parole board might care that he's been practicing accountancy, unless they were so remiss as to not restrict him from that in the terms of his parole.
                      • You'd think ContractorUK would actually ask someone in the press or at IPSE or somewhere to investigate, since they have been providing a forum for this guy and giving him awards, instead of just sitting silently on this. If this guy was at Fox-Bartfield and Dynamo, how come no one is shining the light on those firms for letting him practice and draw clients in?
                      Agree 100% Could be some more victims on the way! I would be checking any online submissions he had done PDQ.
                      Last edited by ZARDOZ; 13 March 2019, 19:53.

Comment

Working...
                      X