• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JB3000 View Post
    Fair enough, I would like to retract that wording and replace it with the word "similar" if that is OK with the word police.
    You may not realise it, but WTFH is doing you a favour...

Comment

Fair enough, I would like to retract that wording and replace it with the word "similar" if that is OK with the word police.
      It's not about the word police, it's about you claiming certain things as facts, and all I've asked is for you to back up your facts with evidence.

Please provide some evidence to back up your claims, that's all I want to see.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        It's not about the word police, it's about you claiming certain things as facts, and all I've asked is for you to back up your facts with evidence.

Please provide some evidence to back up your claims, that's all I want to see.
        We both know I have no evidence for my claims. If I did I would have presented it already.

I am happy to back down on this and say I'm merely speculating. And I'm happy for the mods to snip my comments that are against the forum's rules. I'm happy to be banned too because I hardly ever comment on these boards anyway.

I don't want to come across like a flat earth conspiracy theorist (although I accept that this desire is coming a little too late now).

Comment

Wouldn't a quick check of linkedin show one Darren was working while the other was being detained by Her Majesty?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Wouldn't a quick check of linkedin show one Darren was working while the other was being detained by Her Majesty?
            IMO, LinkedIn isn't 100% reliable/accurate

Although I do accept your underlying point that my claims/speculation are easily countered

Comment

Wasn't one Darren CUK Forum Adviser of the year while the other was banged up?

Comment

Although I do accept your underlying point that my claims/speculation are easily countered
                My point was more around doing a bit of basic research before you start talking crap. Bit late once it's easily been countered surely?

Comment

And yet earlier you made claims based on what you read on LinkedIn. Hmm.

Makes you wonder, doesn’t it...
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Wasn't one Darren CUK Forum Adviser of the year while the other was banged up?
                    Good point- I wish Darren had just made that point to begin with.

That pretty much settles it then.

In my defence, there were two others in this thread that got me wondering in the first place, and no one could say anything sensible (even Darren) about this topic until now. Even you needed two bites at the cherry before saying something sensible.

Feel free to come back and troll me. Looking at the number of posts you have made into this forum this is pretty much your whole life so knock yourself out

Comment

Another thought, Darren describes himself as owner of Fox Bartfield on Linked In. However if you check Companies House he is not a director which seems a little bit strange (I know shareholder and director mean different things).
                      He's not a person of significant control either.
                      I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Working...
                      X