• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SDC and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone does test it, feel free to post the questions here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      If anyone does test it, feel free to post the questions here.
      1. Are you COTBAC?
      2. Are you sure?
      3. Really really sure?

A no to any question is a fail.

You heard it here first. HTH.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The official line is that use of the tool will be anonymous. However, a later interview suggested a user would receive a review ID that could be used as evidence. So not really anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          The official line is that use of the tool will be anonymous. However, a later interview suggested a user would receive a review ID that could be used as evidence. So not really anonymous.
          So if you "pass", you get a reference that you can quote, I guess. If you fail, you shred it.

I'd suggest they start with their failed ir35 investigation victims - they should all get a pass of the tool is fit for purpose.

Comment

Does anyone have any thoughts about how they would prove that they were not subject to SDC and that no-one in the contractual chain would have that right??? HMRC are asking for evidence with T&S but what evidence can you produce that proves something doesn't exist???
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              Does anyone have any thoughts about how they would prove that they were not subject to SDC and that no-one in the contractual chain would have that right??? HMRC are asking for evidence with T&S but what evidence can you produce that proves something doesn't exist???
              You are assuming HMRC know what they are doing and what they are trying to deliver is fit and fair.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You are assuming HMRC know what they are doing and what they are trying to deliver is fit and fair.
                No chance of that I am just genuinely interested to know whether anyone can think of anything that would prove something doesn't exist

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

I'd want to know which client, of sane mind, would pay out money and relinquish all elements of S, D AND C. If I'm subject to all three, then fair cop, I've got a within IR35 contract. If I'm not subject to all three, then I'm outside.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    I'd want to know which client, of sane mind, would pay out money and relinquish all elements of S, D AND C. If I'm subject to all three, then fair cop, I've got a within IR35 contract. If I'm not subject to all three, then I'm outside.
                    With the T&S legislation it's 'or' not 'and'

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                      With the T&S legislation it's 'or' not 'and'
                      So I'd have to be subject to all three from my client to be denied T&S?
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X