• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EOY accts due

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Sung View Post
    @Kenny - I've decided to get quotes tomorrow to get an Accountant to do my P+L/Balance Sheet/Dir's Report. As a micro-entity, I'd be grateful for ballpark how much I should pay .
    Anywhere between £400 and £1,000. We often do year end only for £500-ish but experience tells me that those that leave things as late as this, there's a lot of headaches involved so if factor in another £100-£200. Budget for about £600 plus vat.

Comment

I fear that you are going to be reamed due to your complete negligence in conducting your business affairs. No sympathy from me I'm afraid, since it's folk like you which have got Gideon ready to ream us, come April.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

@Kenny - I've decided to get quotes tomorrow to get an Accountant to do my P+L/Balance Sheet/Dir's Report. As a micro-entity, I'd be grateful for ballpark how much I should pay out.

@meridian - The account, including the 23%, was zeroed down earlier this year. That money is sitting in my personal account, I just haven't yet touched it yet.
        Will depend on the level of assistance your looking for but I would expect something similar to what has been suggested already by others in the £600+ range.

Money in a personal account is an issue as if it's the company funds they should be held in a company account.

Comment

Guess we won't be hearing the outcome of this... Shame.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

@Kenny - I've decided to get quotes tomorrow to get an Accountant to do my P+L/Balance Sheet/Dir's Report. As a micro-entity, I'd be grateful for ballpark how much I should pay out.

@meridian - The account, including the 23%, was zeroed down earlier this year. That money is sitting in my personal account, I just haven't yet touched it yet.
            Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You forgot to mention illegal dividends....
              [picky]There is no question of illegal dividends[/picky]

This is because they have to actually be dividends rather than just a random withdrawal before they can be illegal. At this point in time they are simply loans from the company. When the dividend paperwork is (contemporaneously) done they may then be illegal but I would imagine any accountant would limit them to the distributable reserves.

Comment

Isn't he the one who mentioned he probably is after just one more contract and then call it quits. I would have assumed that means he has been doing this for years, so surely had an accountant and processes sorted out. If not, has he even submitted accounts from previous years ?

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                  [picky]There is no question of illegal dividends[/picky]

This is because they have to actually be dividends rather than just a random withdrawal before they can be illegal. At this point in time they are simply loans from the company. When the dividend paperwork is (contemporaneously) done they may then be illegal but I would imagine any accountant would limit them to the distributable reserves.
                  A very good point. The wonders of the dark arts of accounting!!
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ml#post2147530

What did you do for company year end in 2013 & 2014?

/Sniffs the air

Comment

Hopefully, he has enough left in his bank account to stock up on a catering sized box of lube.

He is going to need it
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X