• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Say No to Dividend Tax - Parliamentary Petition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say No to Dividend Tax - Parliamentary Petition

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I couldn't find it . . .

From Contractor Weekly

Petition is here: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106525

Article is here: Say 'no' to dividend tax - Contractor Weekly

Say 'no' to dividend tax
    Tuesday, 08 September 2015 14:20
    Written by Andy Vessey
    Online petition signed by thousands opposing new dividend tax
    Entrepreneur, Frauke Golding, has launched an online petition requesting that the new dividend tax regime, effective from 6th April 2016, be reconsidered.
    The petition, titled, 'Reconsider the new Dividend Tax for small businesses' states:
    “The Government want to stop business owners being paid via dividends to reduce tax bills. This flies in the face of risk & reward for running a business & contributing to the economy. Life as a business owner means very long hours, low pay, stress, no holiday or sick pay & a life of uncertainty & worry.
    The Government have stated that business is going to be at the heart of their programme for the next 5 years. Small businesses make up 99.3% of all private sector businesses and we provide just under 50% of all private sector jobs. There is a real danger that this new tax, along with auto enrolment and minimum wages increases, will have a significant effect on those people brave enough to start up a business that could make a meaningful contribution to the economy and jobs market.”
    At 10,000 signatures, government will respond to the petition. At 100,000 signatures, the petition will be considered for debate in Parliament. The deadline for signing is 24th February 2016 and those wishing to add their names can do so by clicking HERE. At the time of writing, the petition already has over 5,000 signatures.

I don't think you will get much action from MP's as they see this as a good bit of PR for the 95% of people who are unaffected (or don't realize it could affect their pensions)
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Signed and passed on.

We can all sit around waiting for someone else to do something about it or get clicking people. It's not difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
        Signed and passed on.

We can all sit around waiting for someone else to do something about it or get clicking people. It's not difficult.
        This could get interesting. As long as there are more than 100k signatures. Though a debate is not automatic. Like cannabis being legalized. And I still believe that parliament will not override HMRC.

I intend to sign.

Comment

Maybe you are not looking hard enough...

KUATB
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I think I'll start a petition "say no to whichever bits of the budget have any negative impact on my personal finances". That's all we're asking for.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I think I'll start a petition "say no to whichever bits of the budget have any negative impact on my personal finances". That's all we're asking for.
              that's what the general election was supposed to be

Comment

Originally posted by richt5a View Post
                Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I couldn't find it . . .

From Contractor Weekly

Petition is here: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106525

Article is here: Say 'no' to dividend tax - Contractor Weekly

Say 'no' to dividend tax
                Tuesday, 08 September 2015 14:20
                Written by Andy Vessey
                Online petition signed by thousands opposing new dividend tax
                Entrepreneur, Frauke Golding, has launched an online petition requesting that the new dividend tax regime, effective from 6th April 2016, be reconsidered.
                The petition, titled, 'Reconsider the new Dividend Tax for small businesses' states:
                “The Government want to stop business owners being paid via dividends to reduce tax bills. This flies in the face of risk & reward for running a business & contributing to the economy. Life as a business owner means very long hours, low pay, stress, no holiday or sick pay & a life of uncertainty & worry.
                The Government have stated that business is going to be at the heart of their programme for the next 5 years. Small businesses make up 99.3% of all private sector businesses and we provide just under 50% of all private sector jobs. There is a real danger that this new tax, along with auto enrolment and minimum wages increases, will have a significant effect on those people brave enough to start up a business that could make a meaningful contribution to the economy and jobs market.”
                At 10,000 signatures, government will respond to the petition. At 100,000 signatures, the petition will be considered for debate in Parliament. The deadline for signing is 24th February 2016 and those wishing to add their names can do so by clicking HERE. At the time of writing, the petition already has over 5,000 signatures.
                Bloody hell, another one??
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Maybe you are not looking hard enough...

KUATB
                  It's the same petition. What's your problem?

Oh right - someone didn't do a "search" before starting a new topic.

Drag them outside and shoot them........tut.

Comment

Are they applying this retrospectively ?
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X