• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barclays Business A/C - AVOID - No CSV export older that 6 weeks!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclays Business A/C - AVOID - No CSV export older that 6 weeks!

Hi
    I move my bank account to Barclays Business and now have to send off info to SJD accountants in their spreadsheet only to find you cant export any transactions older that 60 transactions in last 6 weeks as CSV.

Now I got to trawl through PDF files and extract the data but theyve beautified the statements even that aint a simple task.

So I've decided to close the account. Though it was a pain to open. Took over a month.
    Anyone know if any other bank has these weird limits?
    My natwest personal account has 12 months maximum extract for CSV.

Cheers

We used to bank with HSBC and could get stuff going back as far as you liked...though to get in a format other than PDF you'd need to counter intuitively ignore the "download" option and instead go to "view". From there you could get I think a .qif or a .csv file.

Now with Cater Allen, seem to be able to go back ages on that too...but we've got an automated feed straight into FreeAgent so rarely have to look back.

Comment

Just trying to set with Lloyds business now. Very long painful process. Their personal account was quite easy to open.

Comment

Santander has CSV (or rather, "Excel") export facility. However it is a complete fail. Avoid if CSV downloads are that important to you to switch banks.

It actually exports as broken HTML and has been like this since the site was 'upgraded' some years ago. I have no idea if it works with Excel, but it's clearly not CSV and Libreoffice won't make sense of it. Happily (?) QIF format can be scripted to convert to CSV.

Comment

I've had problems with this for the last 3 months.

Not all transactions appear in the CSV file so I still need to manually reconcile my monthly statement.

Last month I didn't find the csv download at all. It's only because I don't have a huge amount if transactions that I put up with this crud
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

less is more

bizarrely i moved from Cater Allen a private branch of Santander cos they website was so basic.
            I was thinking Barclays would be brillant and better...not!

But Cater Allen I just select the html table and can past it excel.
            Its just crappy barclays can't archives everything.

I need to set up monthly alarm from now on to download my transactions.

Reconciling my EOY will be a joy!! Though think ill move my daily transactions back to caterallen

Comment

You want to use FreeAgent and their automatic bank transactions importing

Works with my Santander Business account no probs. Makes book keeping a piece of piss!

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
                You want to use FreeAgent and their automatic bank transactions importing

Works with my Santander Business account no probs. Makes book keeping a piece of piss!
                I'd agree, but it smarts that you then need to pay for Freeagent to do something that the bank account you are also paying for should do for you.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Barclays DataServices

ok
                  someone in the thread mentioned FreeAgent so I searched their site for Barclays and found " Barclays DataServices" which gives freeagent access to your data.

Barclays DataServices
                  Home » eSync

see Free Agent and barclays Business have a connection.

Automated Bank Feeds from Barclays - FreeAgent

Comment

Barclays Data Feed direct into FreeAgent (and others) is the only safe way to go with automated feeds in the UK. Everything else I'm aware of uses Yodlee which will require you to hand over your internet banking username and password, which will almost certainly violate your bank's T&Cs and render any form of insurance/fraud protection they give you invalid.

I moved from CA to Barclays at Christmas last year and haven't looked back. But then I use the automated feed into FA, and haven't needed to manually go back into historic downloads.

Comment

Working...
                    X