• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Estimated percentage of contrator gig adverts inside\outside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estimated percentage of contrator gig adverts inside\outside IR35

I'm still learning about the contracting world so bear with me on this one.

Let's say you took 1000 adverts for typical 6month\12month IT contracts for IT infrastructure\SQL\SCCM\.NET stack and you asked a company like QDOS to do a full IR35 on the contracts.

For the more experienced contractors out there, or for those that get regular IR35 reviews by legal professionals - what percentage of these do you think would be advised by the legal professionals as inside IR35, and how many outside?

The reason I ask this is to get a feel if contracts out there are really diverse and could fall in either category, or if a majority all have similar traits - ie end clients will try to keep their contacts written outside IR35, or inside IR35.

Thanks
    C

Well, roughly 75% of the contracts we review fail first time around.
    Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
      Thanks for the info, that's interesting to know - are customers generally willing to reword contracts to become IR35 friendly or do contractors typically then have to operate inside IR35 for that contract?

Comment

And that's just the contracts. Hate you think how many of these fail in the actual working practices.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          And that's just the contracts. Hate you think how many of these fail in the actual working practices.
          I get the impression reading forum posts that without the "substitution clause" quite a lot of contracts would fail.

Does anyone seriously believe their substitution clauses are realistic.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Really. You guys do mine and I'm pretty sure its the other way round for mine. And then 100% pass when changes are made.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

You've always failed mine first time round, reworded and passed.

That doesn't mean that the contract is inside or outside, though - it just means that there is crap paperwork in place.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Really. You guys do mine and I'm pretty sure its the other way round for mine. And then 100% pass when changes are made.
                To be honest I was surprised myself, but I got the guys to go through the last 1,000 records and that's the number. You're obviously one of the lucky ones!
                Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Working...
                X