• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    According to HMRC, around 2500 people in total used the scheme.
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ncoming-534073

Around 500 people have already settled. This includes the 150 Suo Motu back in 2003.
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ncoming-546772

So that leaves about 2000 people whose cases are still under appeal. NTRT currently has about 450 members.

In other words there are 1500 people out there who haven't joined NTRT

I wonder what's holding them back from joining?
    Hope we can cope with the admin when APNs start landing on their doormats
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      We have a few Sanzar members. I wasn't aware of a separate Sanzar campaign group dealing with Section 58.

The Sanzar EBT scheme (or any EBT) is a totally different story and not something we have the extra resources to fight.
      Perhaps it is another offshore scheme that isn't affected by s58. I will forward on what I have. It may make more sense to some of you guys.

Comment

(Sanzar, Edge, K2/Hamilton/Peak Performance are EBTs)

Montpelier had 1500 users. Only just over 400 are members of NTRT.

1000+ Montpelier users have not joined NTRT

Comment

The people running NTRT

All of the folks running NTRT were in the Montpelier scheme and are affected by S58.

Some of us are facing bankruptcy. We are in exactly the same boat as our members.

None of us benefit financially from running NTRT. Other than defeating HMRC.

Comment

APN Arrived

It came in yesterday's post.

It's slightly less than I was expecting, although it does state that Class 4 NICS has been deducted & could be the subject of a separate APN.

I have emailed it to our friends in Douglas. Fingers firmly crossed.

I made a donation to NTRT last weekend, and will endeavour to make further contributions, as and when. Great job, guys!

Also a big thanks to DR, for keeping up our spirits in these dark days. I am truly thankful.

It's not over until it's over!!.
            Ninja

'Salad is a dish best served cold'

Comment

APN (Part 2)

Just forgot to mention.....

The APN letter was 18 pages, and 12Mb when scanned, so I hope that TQ's mailbox is big enough, when they all come flooding in.
              Ninja

'Salad is a dish best served cold'

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post

Also a big thanks to DR, for keeping up our spirits in these dark days.
                Yep, cheers DR. Much appreciated.
                http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MMSguru View Post
                  Yep, cheers DR. Much appreciated.
                  Dito. So many Thanks.
                  DR is personally responsible for me and my wife holding on to our sanitity.

Comment

Originally posted by warlord View Post
                    Dito. So many Thanks.
                    DR is personally responsible for me and my wife holding on to our sanitity.
                    WHS + us two.
                    Thanks DR (and Santa), and all the lower profile players in the NTRT team - Whichever way this goes.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      (Sanzar, Edge, K2/Hamilton/Peak Performance are EBTs)

Montpelier had 1500 users. Only just over 400 are members of NTRT.

1000+ Montpelier users have not joined NTRT
                      That 1000+ MP users havent joined up does surprise me. You never get 100% take up but you'd think 70% take up would be in order with so many facing big tax bills. Maybe they've just put their heads in the sand or maybe they are free loading the advice here in which case, Id support the move to an NTRT only members forum and this just becomes a place holder.

Is there no way NTRT can work with MP to get MP to forward 'invitations' to join? Some type of 'advertising' would surely bring in more people.
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X