• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAF4 View Post
    CCW
    Crowe Clark Whitehill, Crowe Horwath UK Accounting Firms United Kingdom Accountants, UK Accounting Services | Crowe Clark Whitehill

Comment

Trolling?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Sorry to ask - but are you trolling?

To be clear - have nothing to do with HMRC except through Montpelier. They are liars, cheaters and scum. If you pay you will probably never see that money again.

The flight has been bumpy so far but time to fasten those seatbelts! Almost certainly oxygen masks will be deployed and some point. Lets just hope we dont have to use the emergency exits....
      No I'm not trolling, but I have a CTD to cover my potential liability. I presume it makes no difference whether the money sits in a CTD or an APN (but then my presumptions usually turn out to be wrong).

Comment

Originally posted by mossman View Post
        No I'm not trolling, but I have a CTD to cover my potential liability. I presume it makes no difference whether the money sits in a CTD or an APN (but then my presumptions usually turn out to be wrong).
        Then I do apologize.

WE get all sorts on this thread and all the mods are down the pub at the moment.

Comment

I've not had a pre-APN or APN in the post, but I'm not sure that HMRC haven't sent them to an old address. Should I do anything?

EDIT: I was with Montpelier

Comment

Originally posted by weeboaby View Post
            I've not had a pre-APN or APN in the post, but I'm not sure that HMRC haven't sent them to an old address. Should I do anything?

EDIT: I was with Montpelier
            Only a subset of users have received pre-APN letters so far.

My guess is they are staggering the APNs so they don't get overwhelmed with responses.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              Only a subset of users have received pre-APN letters so far.

My guess is they are staggering the APNs so they don't get overwhelmed with responses.
              Thanks.

Just logged onto NTRT and made a further donation as well. I'm in this 'til the bitter end (no chance of being able to pay).

Comment

Originally posted by weeboaby View Post
                no chance of being able to pay
                Hopefully you won't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  Hopefully you won't have to.
                  Looking forward to the next news letter....
                  Thanks as always DR and the NTRT team.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog View Post
                    A friend of mine received APN demand a few days back covering 04/05 and 05/06. The figures for 04/05 were roughly double what was in Govt Gateway. He called HMRC who eventually admitted thy had made a mistake and the Govt Gateway figures were correct !

They also advised Interest and NI will be billed at a separate time. When pushed on what the interest figures were they advised they do t deal with that !

He has advised MP of this detail

Mad
                    I would suggest that mistake by HMRC is perfect grounds for challenging the APN. They should be compelled to re-issue a correct one, and that should at least buy your friend some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
                      I would suggest that mistake by HMRC is perfect grounds for challenging the APN. They should be compelled to re-issue a correct one, and that should at least buy your friend some time.
                      Correct as I understand it, HMRC are going to re- issue him an amended APN. He asked me post to show how poor they are at admin. The shock of the original amount was somewhat upsetting to both the recipient and his poor wife. They were trying to decide which organs they had to donate to cover the debt, until the truth came out.

This is stressful enough without those kind of F ups !

Obviously expect everyone will check the figures !

Mad

Comment

Working...
                      X