• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
    What the F......!
    Disturbing and disgusting. Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by warlord View Post
      Disturbing and disgusting. Crazy
      I know I am, but I'm NOT paying it!
      Ninja

'Salad is a dish best served cold'

Comment

Bile rising

I can feel my bile rising, and the only way to settle it will be a nice salad. Something simple like a lettuce head on a plate!
        Ninja

'Salad is a dish best served cold'

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
          I know I am, but I'm NOT paying it!
          Not you, HMRC ARE

Comment

APN received today dated 1st April ha bl**** ha

Got 1 of 3 years expected as with other people it says NIC to follow, amounts match CN.

Forwarded to MP for now.

How does it take HMRC 10 days to post a letter - is that another special time machine?
            WFT don't they use email like everyone else by now?
            The Cat

Comment

So even if we win I will be £30k down due to the penalties, as Clint Eastwood said in the Un forgotten 'nobody said life was fair'

Comment

Correction 'Unforgiven'

Comment

clarification on enquiry letters

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
                  I see. Section 9A needs to be quoted on the letter to make it a valid enquiry..??

HMRC Tax Return Enquiries | Section 9A Taxes Management
                  Hi,
                  I just went through a forensic examination of my enquiry and closure notice letters and found that for one year 0506 the Enquiry letter had no reference of 9A TMA 1970. The CN did have the 28A TMA 1970 ref and there was a letter requesting info between the 2 that referred to 19A TMA 1970 (which is about info I believe), however the info request letter was May 2008 which is too late to be an open enquiry letter for 05/06 i believe. I also had requested a copy of the letters years ago and that copy also had no ref on the enquiry so I actually have it twice from them in that state.

Does this mean that the CN for 0506 might be invalid?

6/7 and 7/8 both had the refs on Enquiry and CN unfortunately - but 5/6 is 35% of what they whant to steal from me so quite important.

Cat
                  Last edited by bombaycat; 12 April 2015, 13:06.
                  The Cat

Comment

Section 9A Notices-Specific reference required? | AccountingWEB

some discussion here.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                      What is the cut off date for opening an enquiry for 05/06.

Following a Data Protection request i received:

copy of letter sent to MTM (not me) in Oct 07 asking for info, no ref to 19a TMA 70 notice
                      Copy of letter to me (but not received) May 08 giving notice to provide documents It does mention 19a TMA 70 notice
                      Copy of letter Nov 08, first one i did receive saying as you are aware, etc, and including 6/7 in the general enquiry, and suggest i may wish to amend the SA for 6/7.

I did receive the proper notice for 7/8.

Does the lack of notice in the general inquiry invalidate 56 & 6/7 given it was first raised in May 08?

Any suggestions on next steps?

Comment

Working...
                      X