• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No amount of thanks will ever be enough

To DR / Santa and everyone else who have tirelessly worked behind the scenes on NTRT

No amount of thanks will ever be enough. Without you guys we would have be right royally F**ked a long time ago, and I have no doubt that some people would have been pushed over the edge were it not for you guys not giving up the fight

Have also just signed up. Apologies for the delay, have been abroad for the last few weeks

Also can't wait for the private forum where its just us affected and we can pool energy, ideas, info etc

So, thanks again, please ignore the trolls and those sniping from the sidelines. you guys are worth more than your weight in gold

Comment

Sorry, think my post has been interpreted not as I intended.

Re: Watkins not losing a case against HMRC.

I hate what MTM did to us as much as everyone; but they have stuck with us whereas every other scheme promoter has abandoned there clients. I would not want to do anything that would cause them to revoke there support until all avenues are exhausted.

I stand by my comments that they ripped us off and lied to us; all for the personal gain of the greedy 'yacht gang' who laughed at us.

Re: Timing of TAA closure on Friday vs Newsletter

I think this is a genuine question. If MTM have any doubts or concern with the NTRT TAA argument I would want to know about this. I have over 300k riding on this.

I spoke to MTM on a few occasions regarding TAA and the response was that they would not have any stance on TAA; so I am surprised there is a letter being sent.

APNs are arriving thick and fast and for a lot of people they cannot be paid. If MTM withdrew support, appealing these could prove very expensive for individuals.

Comment

I love NTRT

Totally agree.

You NTRT peeps are my life line. FUD has ruled my life for too long now. No more thank you. Time to fight.

Originally posted by RockTheBoat View Post
        To DR / Santa and everyone else who have tirelessly worked behind the scenes on NTRT

No amount of thanks will ever be enough. Without you guys we would have be right royally F**ked a long time ago, and I have no doubt that some people would have been pushed over the edge were it not for you guys not giving up the fight

Have also just signed up. Apologies for the delay, have been abroad for the last few weeks

Also can't wait for the private forum where its just us affected and we can pool energy, ideas, info etc

So, thanks again, please ignore the trolls and those sniping from the sidelines. you guys are worth more than your weight in gold
        Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
        http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Fog View Post
          Totally agree.

You NTRT peeps are my life line. FUD has ruled my life for too long now. No more thank you. Time to fight.
          WHS. I'm not going to get too worried about a letter that doesn't even exist yet, and even if it did, we don't know what's in it. I just want to get it done. MP have been great, supporting us for so long, but we have lost every single battle, and looks like we'll lose Huitson as well. Let's sort it out. Even if we were to lose, I'll be glad it's over. Apart from anything else, we are completely within our rights to use other legal approaches. This is not sleight of hand, it is simply pointing out that they have screwed up. It isn't a situation of our making, it's a perfectly legitimate argument.

Comment

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
            i know some poeple who hvent had any apns or letters re apns at all yet

I have not had any APN's myself but then I don't live in UK and I only have CN's for 2003,2004 and 2006 (disc for 2005) so not sure if that's because these years are not covered by APN and also my 2006 liability is very small, however I have still signed up for the TAA as its the only way I see this thing getting some sort of finalization soon.

Get involved before the deadline or live to regret it!!

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheBoat View Post

***** yeah....PLUS 1!!

Comment

Message from NTRT

The test case we selected for the FTT has received individual correspondence from Montpelier setting out their issues with TAA.

As you know we have a comprehensive opinion from experienced FTT Judge Anne Redston which assesses the chances of success of TAA as better than 75%.

We have passed the Montpelier concerns to CCW, and their initial feedback has been totally reassuring. However, as a belt & braces, we have asked CCW to instruct Anne to review it. We will pass on her opinion as soon as we have it.

Due to the large number of applications it has taken longer than anticipated to grant access to the private forum. We want to be sure that we only allow people in who are bona fide victims of BN66/S58.

We aim to start activating the first batch of accounts later today.

(ps. it will be better when we have the private forum so we don't have to mince words )
                Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 3 June 2015, 06:43.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  Message from NTRT

The test case we selected for the FTT has received individual correspondence from Montpelier setting out their issues with TAA.

As you know we have a comprehensive opinion from experienced FTT Judge Anne Redston which assesses the chances of success of TAA as better than 75%.

We have passed the Montpelier concerns to CCW, and their initial feedback has been totally reassuring. However, as a belt & braces, we have asked CCW to instruct Anne to review it. We will pass on her opinion as soon as we have it.

Due to the large number of applications it has taken longer than anticipated to grant access to the private forum. We want to be sure that we only allow people in who are bona fide victims of BN66/S58.

We aim to start activating the first batch of accounts later today.

(ps. it will be better when we have the private forum so we don't have to mince words )
                  I want to be involved but would this help me if I was with an EBT Scheme Edge

Comment

Originally posted by bstar1 View Post
                    I want to be involved but would this help me if I was with an EBT Scheme Edge
                    Unfortunately NTRT is only dealing with the partnership/trust double taxation scheme affected by the retrospective legislation BN66 - section 58 finance act 2008. The scheme was offered by Montpelier/MTM, deGraaf/TwentyPlus and Steed Solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      We want to be sure that we only allow people in who are bona fide victims of BN66/S58.
                      Aww. Sniff.

It seems to me natural that Montpelier would not be overly positive and want to dismantle any TAA approach. However it is absolutely the right thing to do to seek further opinion on their view. That should certainly help counter any negative arguments.

You have put a lot of effort in to get this far. It seems to be bearing some fruit. I still wish you all the best in getting beyond this odious attack with a favourable result.

If it wasn't for the collective approach you and others have put forward and kept running you would most likely all have been individually battered into some form of submission.

Comment

Working...
                      X