• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can someone provide me with an alternative to SJD acountacy (urgent )

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone provide me with an alternative to SJD acountacy (urgent )

Hi,

I would like to change of accountant, urgently....I am not happy at all with their services. Wait for weeks before I get an answer from them. I am late with my self assessment fill, because of their lack of information they provide me, I have got the Companies House requesting my account for year 2013/2014 and SDJ is not helping at all with this (deadline 21 December ! )I need to find an accountant urgently to fix the current issues that I have..

Thanks in advance

Tal

There's a sticky thread at the top of this forum with recommendations. Personally I recommend InTouch (Contractor Accountants | InTouch Accounting) and would welcome a referral bonus. But I'd recommend them even if you don't use me as referrer.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Seems unusual. Someone from SJD will likely see this post and escalate the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by talabi View Post
        Hi,

I would like to change of accountant, urgently....I am not happy at all with their services. Wait for weeks before I get an answer from them. I am late with my self assessment fill, because of their lack of information they provide me, I have got the Companies House requesting my account for year 2013/2014 and SDJ is not helping at all with this (deadline 21 December ! )I need to find an accountant urgently to fix the current issues that I have..

Thanks in advance

Tal
        It's going to be difficult to change accountant and get everything done by 21 December.

SJD post on here are seem pretty reliable (I've never used them).

If you're having trouble with your local office why not use their complaints/escalation process. That's assuming everything is up to date at your end and they're not waiting on info or anything from you.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Tal
          I have to say I find nearly all of this very difficult to believe. I have been with them 7 years and haven't had encountered any of these issues. They have SLA's for customer responses which I can't remember them ever failing and always get a response in 24 hours. Self assessments have always been spot on. Why are you filling your SA when they provide a service to do it for you?

I have a feeling this isn't all SJD's fault but even if it is have you spoken to the office supervisor at which ever branch you are with. It is possible that the accountant allocated to you is slacking but you can't blame the failings of one accountant on the entire company.

I would suggest you ring them and ask for the supervisor/manager and explain the situation. You will most certainly get enhanced support to help you with these issues which would be much better than changing accountants. It's not often a smooth process and takes time which you don't have.

I know SJD are going through a lot of change with the recent sale from Mr Dolan so could be some short term hiccups but this certainly doesn't sound like SJD to me.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Tal
            Ring InTouch and speak to Louisa. Tell her I sent you her way and she'll see us both right
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Ring InTouch and speak to Louisa. Tell her I sent you her way and she'll see us both right
              I called dibs!
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ok, here are some clarifications.
                I came from Belgium almost 2 years ago. I was a contractor in Belgium and I had an accountant that managed all my accountancy from A till Z. The accountant explained to me all the things that he will do for me….I never had a reminder from the Belgian equivalent of HMRC or Companies House because it was his job to avoid any issue and be consistent with his ethics.
                When I arrived here, I contacted SJD and all went fine as they told me that I didn't need to worry about anything because they would do everything. All that I had to do is to forward them any document to them related to my business from HMRC or VAT and they will manage it.

So here were my observations:
                1 .I still doesn't know after a year and half, what are the main documents that I should provide beside my annual account (HMRC, Companies house account , Self-assessment, and dividend)….
                2. Still receive reminders...So I keep asking myself why do those reminders come to me and not to SJD ?

3 .My emails rarely received an answer by 24h. I always sent a second email or a third email as a reminder before I receive an answer from them.

4. I have tried to call my accountant at SJD. I couldn't reach her…Instead; secretary answers me to say that my accountant is busy but she will call me back asap…Off course never receive those calls.

5. My queries are not complicated…What should I do? How should I do it?

I have a friend who is client at SJD, and indeed he is very happy. I showed him all my emails, the issues that I had and he was surprised about my situation….I learned more with him about my issues than with SJD. We both concluded that I picked up the "wrong accountants" ( with all respects for the job they are doing) or perhaps I was just an outlier.

All those issues generate a lack of confidence and transparency. I believe that SJD is great, but it’s just that it doesn't seem to work for me.

Cheers

Tal

Comment

Ok, here are some clarifications.
                  I came from Belgium almost 2 years ago. I was a contractor in Belgium and I had an accountant that managed all my accountancy from A till Z. The accountant explained to me all the things that he will do for me….I never had a reminder from the Belgian equivalent of HMRC or Companies House because it was his job to avoid any issue and be consistent with his ethics.
                  When I arrived here, I contacted SJD and all went fine as they told me that I didn't need to worry about anything because they would do everything. All that I had to do is to forward them any document to them related to my business from HMRC or VAT and they will manage it.

So here were my observations:
                  1 .I still doesn't know after a year and half, what are the main documents that I should provide beside my annual account (HMRC, Companies house account , Self-assessment, and dividend)….
                  2. Still receive reminders...So I keep asking myself why do those reminders come to me and not to SJD ?

3 .My emails rarely received an answer by 24h. I always sent a second email or a third email as a reminder before I receive an answer from them.

4. I have tried to call my accountant at SJD. I couldn't reach her…Instead; secretary answers me to say that my accountant is busy but she will call me back asap…Off course never receive those calls.

5. My queries are not complicated…What should I do? How should I do it?

I have a friend who is client at SJD, and indeed he is very happy. I showed him all my emails, the issues that I had and he was surprised about my situation….I learned more with him about my issues than with SJD. We both concluded that I picked up the "wrong accountants" ( with all respects for the job they are doing) or perhaps I was just an outlier.

All those issues generate a lack of confidence and transparency. I believe that SJD is great, but it’s just that it doesn't seem to work for me.

Cheers

Tal
                  It seems it may be that you have lost all faith in SJD (probably because you have a bad account manager) in which case you might want to switch. 21 December isn't far away but some accountants might be able to meet your tight deadline. If not, you might want to accept that your accounts are going to be late and pay the £150 fine that will be issued when you do eventually file them. Your CT return to HMRC will probably (I say probably because I don't know your accounting dates) not be due for another 3 months. But, if your accounts are due on 21/12, this would suggest a first year accounting period ending 31/03? In which case - although the CT return isn't actually due to be filed until 31/03/15, your corporation tax bill is going to be payable on 01/01/15.

Comment

Hi Talabi,

I am very sorry to read about the problems you are experiencing with your existing accountant. This is not the standard we adhere to at SJD and the last thing I would want is for your confidence in our ability to help you, be shaken any further. I will private message you for some further information and will ensure we get everything sorted for you on time.

Comment

Working...
                    X