• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New proposal from IPSE - Smoke and mirrors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    You don't need to be reminded. You said a few posts back it's coming and have said several times that we have to be able to make our own proposal. You have also stated here and over there that the gov is looking at other countries models including the German one. Why would they not take into account the US model when determining what we get?
    Particularly considering how similar the UK is in many respects to the US where the tax system is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
      I'm assuming that a FLC would be taxed the same as self-employed if it did go ahead, so no Employer's NI. Just class 4 NIC's.

Would FLC mean we could operate as the same entity i.e. Self Employed with the protection of a LTD and just put all our Income/Expenditure on our self assessment and not need accountants to manage the company accounts. Could you carry forward retained profit?
      If you were going to be getting some of the rights of an employee (which is essentially what's being proposed) then I can't see that you would be charged anything other than Class 1 NIC's; even if they did apply SE NIC's the false self-employment legislation would apply so you would have to prove no SDC which means that you are pretty much back to IR35
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
        If you were going to be getting some of the rights of an employee (which is essentially what's being proposed) then I can't see that you would be charged anything other than Class 1 NIC's; even if they did apply SE NIC's the false self-employment legislation would apply so you would have to prove no SDC which means that you are pretty much back to IR35
        I don't know, but if the IPSE proposal contains anything about employee rights I would be very surprised..
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
        X