• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do I really pay less tax as a limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad it's working out for you. Hard as it is to answer the "how much money am I actually going to make" question until you've done a year and all your accounts etc, hopefully what you've seen so far is positive
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Maybe in Apr 2016 its time to switch to Permie with new dividend tax??

Comment

Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post
        It appears so.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          It appears so.
          On a more serious note, has anyone run the number on the comparison between dividend tax increases and corporation tax decreases and where it leaves us?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post
            so 2k-ish a yr extra to Gideon sends you back permie, YANCOTBAC,

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              On a more serious note, has anyone run the number on the comparison between dividend tax increases and corporation tax decreases and where it leaves us?
              There are some calcs in the threads in response to the other knee jerk posts I believe. STJ as summarised it nice and simply.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                There are some calcs in the threads in response to the other knee jerk posts I believe. STJ as summarised it nice and simply.
                I'm just thinking with all the T&S and other stuff that could kick in, can I be bothered staying ltd if it saves only one or two grand a year?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Forbes Young View Post
                  Operating through their own ltd company doesn't suit everyone of course eg those workers who are on very short term contracts, those earning low incomes and those who simply cant be bothered with the hassle of owning a ltd company. So to operate via an Umbrella or operate as a Sole Trader are other options available.
                  But operating as a Sole trader via agencies isn't an option though is it?

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                    But operating as a Sole trader via agencies isn't an option though is it?
                    Some don't like you going through Umbrella Companies either (no idea why)

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Some don't like you going through Umbrella Companies either (no idea why)
                      That does sound daft, the sole trader option seems to be discounted due to some legislation.

Comment

Working...
                      X