• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

i am sure i can claim back subsistence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope he posts the outcome of the phonecall to his brolly!

I'd like to see how they square that circle - They say that it is OK to claim without reciepts, which we know is not.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish

I'd like to see how they square that circle - They say that it is OK to claim without reciepts, which we know is not.
      But as we've already (hopefully) established, unless he can prove they gave him such advice (and he'd have to have at least an email explicitly stating this) he wouldn't be able to use the "advice" as a defence, since as Lucifer said before, what court would believe that someone could be so naive as to believe they could claim for an expense which was not actually incurred?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish

I phoned the brollie and was told again that I dont need to have receipts? The guy said they had obtained Revenue approval for this and pointed me to their website. I dont trust what these people are saying so have parted company. Iam setting up my own company and getting an accountant now.Thank god I only used these people for a couple of months.
        sorry Diver I'm off the cigs again

Comment

Originally posted by fridge
          I phoned the brollie and was told again that I dont need to have receipts? The guy said they had obtained Revenue approval for this and pointed me to their website. I dont trust what these people are saying so have parted company. Iam setting up my own company and getting an accountant now.Thank god I only used these people for a couple of months.
          Tell you what, why not drop HMRC a line and let them know what the brolly is saying to its customers? It will be amusing to see the flood of first time posters on hear in a year or two's time asking for what to do as they have had their expenses disallowed and been presented with a tax bill plus interest and fines.

Comment

Originally posted by fridge

If they are making the same claims on their website, and if it's who I'm thinking of then they are, report them to the Advertising Standards Agency. They treat the content of web pages, especially the front page of a site, as an advert and police it accordingly.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I think we already suggested that...

Time to name and shame - it is clear these people (whoever they are) need a good smacking. And you don't have to be the victim to lodge a complaint with the ASA, merely someone who finds an advert misleading.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

[QUOTE=malvolio]I think we already suggested that...

Time to name and shame

Well Fridge does the brollie happen to have a 4 in its name?

Comment

Originally posted by autodial
                  Well Fridge does the brollie happen to have a 4 in its name?
                  What I wouldn't give to see the back of those Dubya ads on the tube...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X