• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letter - Cabinet Office requirements to confirm the tax arrangements of temp contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
    They don't use the test in selecting targets.

However, if you are subject to an enquiry and you can prove that you are 'low risk' they will close the case down and will not bother you for three years. See page 10 of this.
    Surely only a business can be investigated for IR35 so that should be a key differentiator between a contractor and a permie. Just being targeted for an IR35 investigation proves you are a business and you are in the clear? Sorted
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. Will engage PCG & the accountant and see what they say

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Surely only a business can be investigated for IR35 so that should be a key differentiator between a contractor and a permie. Just being targeted for an IR35 investigation proves you are a business and you are in the clear? Sorted
        I had thought the same thing initially, but I was afraid in case mentioning it caused some kind of glitch in the space-time continuum and would destroy the universe. Apparently my fears were unfounded.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          Yes, but it only costs me about £360 a year in hosting fees. Not the arbitrary £1200 HMRC have come up with.
          How much did your limited company pay you to develop the site?

EDIT: Someone beat me to it...
          Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

I'm a "real" business, no really, my customers are members of the public, I have premises and employees etc

Last year's spend on advertising was approx £500 (most business is repeat or word of mouth/high street walk ins) so wtf do they get this arbitrary £1200 from?

Comment

They're in the business of making things up, like the judges who catch up with the rest of the world every 20 - 30 years in batches.

Comment

Working...
              X