Parasol Umbrella Company
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,780
    Thanks (Given)
    141
    Thanks (Received)
    1466
    Likes (Given)
    1780
    Likes (Received)
    6028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@Parasol View Post
    Regarding our fees, you were with us for one month only and signed up when we had an offer that gave you your first two months free of charge so you haven't actually paid any fees to us. On the occaisions when you have incorrectly submitted your expenses we also cancelled and re-invoiced on your behalf seven times. Again we did this for you free of charge as a gesture of good will.
    I love the fact he hasn't paid them a penny yet but is going off on one. That is just classic!! The incorrect expenses 7 times as well LOL... Terrific stuff.

    Steven, out of interest do you not try and get rid of this type of business or keep it on as a loss leader or something? I know the customer is always right and that but there has to be a few like this you could just do without?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  2. #12

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    185
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    I love the fact he hasn't paid them a penny yet but is going off on one. That is just classic!! The incorrect expenses 7 times as well LOL... Terrific stuff.

    Steven, out of interest do you not try and get rid of this type of business or keep it on as a loss leader or something? I know the customer is always right and that but there has to be a few like this you could just do without?
    We don't always get it exactly right every time either but we do do out best and we do listen to feedback.

    We get a lot of contractors who have never contracted before, and in some cases aren't even sure what contracting really entails yet and have just been told to get an umbrella company so as a market leader we've got a responsibility to help them through the early days until people get to know the ropes. We've got about 9,000 working through our umbrella at the moment and unfortunately in this case Ian hasn't had a good experience. Would appreciate the chance to try and make things right though when this happens.

  3. #13

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Bad Experience with Parasol umbrella company.

    Very bad experience with parasol staffs. giving misleading information., confusing payslips. The lady staff i spoke this morning was arrogant and not ready to listen what i was trying to say. Is there anyway to complaint against them . ? I have just send an email explaining the situation to one of the staff .

    Thanks,
    Divya

  4. #14

    Godlike

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    9,004
    Thanks (Given)
    22
    Thanks (Received)
    294
    Likes (Given)
    73
    Likes (Received)
    1294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by divyatk View Post
    Very bad experience with parasol staffs. giving misleading information., confusing payslips. The lady staff i spoke this morning was arrogant and not ready to listen what i was trying to say. Is there anyway to complaint against them . ? I have just send an email explaining the situation to one of the staff .

    Thanks,
    Divya
    Posting on here is a good way - although do not think Parasol are active on here anymore.

    Using an umbrella can be confusing as it is different from being paid PAYE.

    General issues are

    1) week 1 tax code - if they do not have your P45 you may be on week 1 tax code basis which will make it seem like you are paying too much tax.

    2) Paying employers NI is a shock

    3) Not having expenses taken into account will affect what you think you should have got

    If you post direct questions some people may come along with direct answers

  5. #15

    More time posting than coding

    lucycontractorumbrella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colchester, Essex
    Posts
    416
    Thanks (Given)
    51
    Thanks (Received)
    41
    Likes (Given)
    246
    Likes (Received)
    90

    Default

    Hi Divya, I would suggest phoning and requesting to speak with someone else if they were that rude to you. At the end of the day they should be able to explain everything clearly to you and this probably should have been done at the start of the assignment so that you don't end up with any nasty surprises. If the email you have sent does not provide you with any satisfactory answers then I would request that it is escalated until you do get a decent response.
    If you want an explanation on anything then let us know, I am sure you will get some comprehensive responses
    Just watching what I say

    We now offer Ltd too, so if you need a company that you can switch between Ltd & Umbrella, just shout!

    Connect with me on LinkedIn

  6. #16

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Thumbs down STAY AWAY FROM PARASOL Umbrella

    I used them on some occasion and every-time they would want to convert me to run a limited company using their clearsky services (account & management) more lucrative for them than the umbrella fees. I refuse systematically, arguing that I run a LTD service myself with bit of help from an external accountancy firm. As result I got punished by messing up with my expensive or increasing income tax intake, supposedly I'm a high earner. It is a way of bullying me to fall prey to their desire to sign up to ClearSky services. I get tax refund from HMRC thankfully.
    I WILL NOT USE THEM AGAIN.

  7. #17

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,780
    Thanks (Given)
    141
    Thanks (Received)
    1466
    Likes (Given)
    1780
    Likes (Received)
    6028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scheSam View Post
    I used them on some occasion and every-time they would want to convert me to run a limited company using their clearsky services (account & management) more lucrative for them than the umbrella fees. I refuse systematically, arguing that I run a LTD service myself with bit of help from an external accountancy firm. As result I got punished by messing up with my expensive or increasing income tax intake, supposedly I'm a high earner. It is a way of bullying me to fall prey to their desire to sign up to ClearSky services. I get tax refund from HMRC thankfully.
    I WILL NOT USE THEM AGAIN.
    I beg your pardon?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  8. #18

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10,224
    Thanks (Given)
    53
    Thanks (Received)
    1338
    Likes (Given)
    1055
    Likes (Received)
    3646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scheSam View Post
    I used them on some occasion and every-time they would want to convert me to run a limited company using their clearsky services (account & management) more lucrative for them than the umbrella fees. I refuse systematically, arguing that I run a LTD service myself with bit of help from an external accountancy firm. As result I got punished by messing up with my expensive or increasing income tax intake, supposedly I'm a high earner. It is a way of bullying me to fall prey to their desire to sign up to ClearSky services. I get tax refund from HMRC thankfully.
    I WILL NOT USE THEM AGAIN.
    If you are already set up as a limited company then you should not use an umbrella - you are wasting your money and probably paying too much tax.
    If you have your own limited company then what you need is an accountant to manage it.
    Umbrella companies are for people who do not have their own limited company!
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  9. #19
    eek
    eek is offline

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    22,382
    Thanks (Given)
    241
    Thanks (Received)
    1206
    Likes (Given)
    1041
    Likes (Received)
    3563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    If you are already set up as a limited company then you should not use an umbrella - you are wasting your money and probably paying too much tax.
    If you have your own limited company then what you need is an accountant to manage it.
    Umbrella companies are for people who do not have their own limited company!
    Public sector contract inside IR35 - ask Psychocandy....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  10. #20

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    1,042
    Thanks (Given)
    25
    Thanks (Received)
    63
    Likes (Given)
    58
    Likes (Received)
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Umbrella companies are for people who do not have their own limited company!
    Except when taking a contract within public sector where agency requires contractor to use umbrella so they don't have to be last one in the chain for payroll/taxes.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.