• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Yay - I have the internet again - fed up with BT ' Doing something at the exchange'

Afternoon by the way
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Can't seem to find a live video stream for the baggies match

Probably for the best...
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Afternoon all

Comment

BrilloPad 21,764
          zeitghost 17,161
          cailin maith 12,787
          Diver 11,071
          voodooflux 11,019
          DS23 10,002
          NickFitz 9,878
          TheFaQQer 9,663
          BrowneIssue 9,592
          FiveTimes 7,552

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Afternoon all
            Afternoon
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
              Yay - I have the internet again - fed up with BT ' Doing something at the exchange'

Afternoon by the way
              My cable broadband connection has died overnight

After the usual faffing about trying to get information from Virgin, I established that there are faults in two local postcode areas, but not in mine. So I then got through to an actual human, who found it was borked from their end too, and offered to send a technician out on Tuesday. Of course I won't be here then, so they offered Wednesday. They then suggested that I call them again when I got back, and I explained that I'd be away during the week until the end of June.

This flummoxed them entirely, so I suggested that they consider a Saturday. Having turned the idea over and sniffed it a bit, they realised that they could indeed send an engineer round next Saturday

So I'm stuck with my 3G thingy until then - unless of course the fault suddenly rectifies itself, which is always a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Afternoon denizens

My cable broadband connection has died overnight

After the usual faffing about trying to get information from Virgin, I established that there are faults in two local postcode areas, but not in mine. So I then got through to an actual human, who found it was borked from their end too, and offered to send a technician out on Tuesday. Of course I won't be here then, so they offered Wednesday. They then suggested that I call them again when I got back, and I explained that I'd be away during the week until the end of June.

This flummoxed them entirely, so I suggested that they consider a Saturday. Having turned the idea over and sniffed it a bit, they realised that they could indeed send an engineer round next Saturday

So I'm stuck with my 3G thingy until then - unless of course the fault suddenly rectifies itself, which is always a possibility.
                These days with virgin I just register a fault. It usually fixes itself in a day or 2. Vandalism is the ususl reason.

I believe it will be fixed by end of tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Can't seem to find a live video stream for the baggies match

Probably for the best...
                  Or maybe not

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    These days with virgin I just register a fault. It usually fixes itself in a day or 2. Vandalism is the ususl reason.

I believe it will be fixed by end of tomorrow.
                    Quite possibly. I'm on the cable network which was originally laid in the Eighties by Diamond Cable, who by some convoluted route ended up being ntl, and so to Virgin. The service has usually been exceptionally reliable - I have vague memories of an outage a few years ago that was fixed within hours.

I notice that a neighbouring postcode area has an ongoing problem (or had one recently - they can be a bit useless at updating their status info), so it's quite possible that it's not just me

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      Or maybe not
                      West Brom 3-0 Sunderland

Comment

Working...
                      X