• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dutch ex-GF popped up down the pub (and later the FMB bar) tonight - she has a habit of turning up when one least expects her

Her mother has recently sold her house and moved into an apartment in a sheltered community, or whatever they're called. As the default decor of the new place was white and dull, ex-GF spent a couple of weeks over there with her brother decorating the place before the mother moved in.

"I worked my tits off," she said, "And do you know what my mother said when she saw it?"

"Did she look at it and say 'Is this the best you can do?'"

"Yes! Exactly! How did you guess that?"

"Because I met your mother when I was your new boyfriend, and she said the same thing."

"Oh... good point!"

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Morning all
        Morning Scourer!

Hope you, the Mrs and little Scourers are all well.

Girly is downstairs making breakfast!

Comment

Morning all

It's getting er out there as we speak...

Comment

Amazingly, the ZeitGhost(tm) Super Duper Battery Charge Controller MkII seems to work as designed, provided the battery voltage hasn't dipped much below about 12.5V...

It hasn't got enough oooomph if the battery has got down to less than 12V, but it cycles quite happily between 12.6V and 13.7V.

I neglected the requirement for a current limiting resistor in my design for the charging bit... I hadn't twigged that it's required to protect stuff if the battery is dead...

Fortunately a 40/45W non halogen headlamp bulb does sterling duty in this mode & tells you how much current is passing too.

Coz it glows gently red with about an amp passing through it.

If it's brighter, then there's sommat wrong somewhere.

And if it's not glowing then either the battery clips have fallen off, the mains has failed or the battery has reached 13.7V.

Magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Morning Scourer!

Hope you, the Mrs and little Scourers are all well.

Girly is downstairs making breakfast!

Knackering the frying pan - Shirley!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all

It's getting er out there as we speak...
                In fact it's beginning to rain...

Oh dear(tm)... a rainy Monday...

And it's Washing Day... (some are rather fixed in their ways....).

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Knackering the frying pan - Shirley!

Is it one of those nice cast iron ones?

Or a non stick?

Comment

Morning all
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      "Because I met your mother when I was your new boyfriend, and she said the same thing."

"Oh... good point!"

When my mate first met his mother-in-law-to-be her first commandment was for him to drop his trousers. He'd just been knocked off his bike by a car (the culprit was the district nurse of all people) and his bleeding legs required some attention.
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X