• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Raining very hard here.
    There is a pigeon sitting on the fence under a tree looking very miserable

Comment

Very wet cycle home.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Very wet cycle home.
        Though I did stop as a driver ran out of petrol blocking the A20.

Comment

In Docklands, practising saying "Leave it aht, guvnor" and "You 'aving a larf" before venturing out

Torrential rain as I left ClientCo meant I was drenched before I made it to the car. I'd crossed Essex before I'd dried out properly

Anyway, had the conversation before leaving: extension of three months theoretically, though it could be more or less in reality. As this thing is an internal site, there isn't really a plan - more like we get something working, and the business says "Cool, now could you do this/change that?" Agile, if you will, in that it's driven by the internal customer and responds to the gradual clarification of their unclear ideas of what they want.

The chap was a bit dithery about whether I should take a break sooner or later, but in the end we agreed that we'll see how things go over this week and next and I can maybe take the couple of weeks after that, or if need be push it back a couple of weeks, depending on how much light has been shone on the subject of what we're supposed to be doing. So we shall see

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            In Docklands, practising saying "Leave it aht, guvnor" and "You 'aving a larf" before venturing out

Torrential rain as I left ClientCo meant I was drenched before I made it to the car. I'd crossed Essex before I'd dried out properly

Anyway, had the conversation before leaving: extension of three months theoretically, though it could be more or less in reality. As this thing is an internal site, there isn't really a plan - more like we get something working, and the business says "Cool, now could you do this/change that?" Agile, if you will, in that it's driven by the internal customer and responds to the gradual clarification of their unclear ideas of what they want.

The chap was a bit dithery about whether I should take a break sooner or later, but in the end we agreed that we'll see how things go over this week and next and I can maybe take the couple of weeks after that, or if need be push it back a couple of weeks, depending on how much light has been shone on the subject of what we're supposed to be doing. So we shall see
            Sorry Nick

I finish on the 31st of July, feck yeh.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Just been past Grenfell Tower on the Tube. Shocking sight

Comment

In the Harp now

Comment

And back at the hotel. I'm feeling a bit peckish, so I'd better get some sleep whilst awaiting the breakfast buffet in the morning

Apparently ExCel now does airport-style security checks at conferences. Maybe smuggling BBQ Hula Hoops in down my trousers will trigger an alarm because of the foil pack? I might leave them in the car and sneak down while the peasantry are browsing on their lunchtime salad

Goodnight all

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X