• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So recovery going well then? When is your next appointment? How long before you can consider getting another gig?
    I'll be seeing someone from the surgical team around the end of January when, if all is going well, they'll sign me off as fixed. In principle I'll then be OK to drive and work, but I'm not sure a long commute would be a good idea; it takes up to three months to be fully recovered in terms of the sternum healing and what have you, so that would be mid-March. But it varies for everybody, so I'll just have to see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I'll be seeing someone from the surgical team around the end of January when, if all is going well, they'll sign me off as fixed. In principle I'll then be OK to drive and work, but I'm not sure a long commute would be a good idea; it takes up to three months to be fully recovered in terms of the sternum healing and what have you, so that would be mid-March. But it varies for everybody, so I'll just have to see how it goes
      can't you let your network know you're available for three days/ week remotely?
      get back gently?

<or wind up with WFH for a long time >

Comment

Manflu has me in bed already. TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Aye, that hogmanay induced manflu is a terrible affliction, so it it is

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              can't you let your network know you're available for three days/ week remotely?
              get back gently?

<or wind up with WFH for a long time >
              I'm keener on the idea of trying to get something going more the lines of having customers for a product, rather than clients pestering me to do their stuff. All I need is an actual business idea

Comment

Dinner tonight was some more of the roast chicken from yesterday, with chips and a couple of left over roast spuds

While eating I watched the last of the drugs programmes, which had switched to being about the police in Weston and Yeovil busting dealers from London who'd expanded into the area.

And after that I watched the BBC's drama about Morecambe and Wise's scriptwriter Eddie Braben, Eric, Ernie and Me, which was absolutely excellent

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I'm keener on the idea of trying to get something going more the lines of having customers for a product, rather than clients pestering me to do their stuff. All I need is an actual business idea
                  Aye, well, i don't know what you do, so all can can say is pointless waffle in an attempt to be positive.
                  this IS an internet forum innit?

Comment

Back to the fray doing nothing unless I want to tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X