• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random letter appeared - should the entire road become 20mph? Yes.

Any other comments? You can put the signs up but if you do nothing to enforce it cats will still be run over.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Home!

Not too bad a trip back. Some imbeciles going slowly for no reason, and of course the traditional tractor on the A14; but I made it to the back gate before six

And work was quite productive too, with the final, most complex test passing with just enough time left for me to commit my changes to Git

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        This very evening's televisual entertainment was provided by "Elementary", followed by the last ep of this season of "Homeland"

Interesting conclusion, I wonder where the next season will go.

Followed by the thing on BBC4 about the new & improved mk2 version of the mausoleum around the Chernobyl reactor.

An impressive piece of engineering.

Interesting to realise that the "snow" on the video taken in the sarcophagus is caused by the elevated radiation levels therein.
        Now that Homeland is finished I can settle down to watch it

And I'll have to watch the Chernobyl thing too - it sounds interesting

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Also during the day our oldest chicken died - she was 6 and the first one we got, so the evening counted as a wake.

Comment

Hedges trimmed.

Five lawns mown, plus the bit around the garage which isn't a lawn but needs cutting before the tigers move in.

Tea cooking.

It's Tuesday so it's fish.

The fish from the freezer BBE 2014ish.

Last week's bit was ok, (fish) fingers crossed that this is.

I shall need to buy a new blade for the mower and some more string for the strimmers.

Wilkies tomorrow, all being well.

Bought some underpants from Tesco(tm) on the principle that I'm not going to pay M&S £18 for much the same sort of thing.

The fish would have been better if I hadn't overcooked it again.
            Last edited by zeitghost; 18 April 2017, 18:06.

Comment

Ribs and chips for dinner

A load of fireworks went off somewhere nearby earlier. At least, I think they were fireworks. It was still nearly half an hour before sunset, so they wouldn't have made much of a display. Maybe it was a secret stash of explosives going up.

Apparently the nearby football has now finished, so it'll be getting busy outside soon.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Ribs and chips for dinner

A load of fireworks went off somewhere nearby earlier. At least, I think they were fireworks. It was still nearly half an hour before sunset, so they wouldn't have made much of a display. Maybe it was a secret stash of explosives going up.

Apparently the nearby football has now finished, so it'll be getting busy outside soon.
                Gun shots?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Gun shots?
                  No, too high up for that - you could tell from the way they were echoing around.

We don't get much in the way of gunfire around here, though there was that evening a bunch of armed police swooped in and arrested a few lads who'd been walking just ahead of me as I was going to the pub. I crossed the road as there was no traffic, and the armed police came screeching out of a couple of side roads, ahead and behind, the second my feet had landed on the pavement on the other side. It turned out there was no traffic because they'd blockaded the road about a quarter of a mile away in both directions, and as soon as the blokes were on the ground and secured, what looked like every police vehicle in the county came zooming down from each end at about ninety miles an hour with all their lights on. It was awesome

Comment

Soon be Wednesday; and if Wednesday comes, can Thursday be far behind?

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Nice golden sunlight pouring in through the windows this morning

Bit chilly though

Comment

Working...
                      X