• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's gone cloudy though

Comment

Which makes a change from the last 6 hours from Murcia when it's been Scorchio

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Just about to cross the Pyrenees from girona to Perpignan
        If you turn left and drive about 300km you'll arrive at the small cathedral city of Saint-Bertrand-de-Comminges, which was the setting for M.R. James' ghost story Canon Alberic's Scrapbook

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          If you turn left and drive about 300km you'll arrive at the small cathedral city of Saint-Bertrand-de-Comminges, which was the setting for M.R. James' ghost story Canon Alberic's Scrapbook
          That's on the next page of my atlas (remember them?). Whilst looking I found this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condom,_Gers

Titter

Comment

That's on the next page of my atlas (remember them?). Whilst looking I found this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condom,_Gers

Titter
            "In 1995 the town's mayor, taking advantage of the incidental relationship between the town's name and the English word, opened a museum of contraceptives, which closed in 2005"

More on the etymology of "condom": The Origin of the Word "Condom"

Comment

So that lot's all gone, and I can finally do the re-arranging of the living room that has been on hold for yonks because nothing much could be done until they were out of the way
              Really keen to do this. Really, really keen. I have nothing else to do this afternoon, so I could get stuck right in and sort it all out now.

*reads sixteen-hour-old tweets*

Comment

It's gone cloudy though
                Sunny & Simpsonesque here.

Waiting for the 2nd run of washing to finish so I can bugger off down town shopping, like.

Comment

Really keen to do this. Really, really keen. I have nothing else to do this afternoon, so I could get stuck right in and sort it all out now.

*reads sixteen-hour-old tweets*
                  I've got the usual N lawns to mow.

So I've been sat here reading a little of the latest New Scientist until it got so tedious that I dozed off.

The washing machine is now beeping at me so I'll go & do that instead.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    I've got the usual N lawns to mow.

So I've been sat here reading a little of the latest New Scientist until it got so tedious that I dozed off.

The washing machine is now beeping at me so I'll go & do that instead.
                    Top notch ducking and weaving

Comment

Just about to cross the Pyrenees from girona to Perpignan
                      Nice!
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X