• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A silly thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's here! - the CUK just for you

A follow up to a post a few up about editing CUK to suit yourself, it's far simpler than I imagined! Check this link, it's not a joke:

The xoggoth improved version of CUK general

It looks exactly the same as CUK General but scroll down and instead of

"Anyone here feel terrorised by Paul Nuttall?"

It says:

"Anyone here feel aroused by Paul Nuttall?"

If you want to do your own edited version of CUK the entire code for that is:

<?php
    $crap = file_get_contents('http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/');
    $crap = str_replace("terrorised","aroused",$crap);
    echo $crap;
    ?>
    Last edited by xoggoth; 29 May 2017, 22:47.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Thanks Brillo. You are the only one who read this bollux. Pity no other silly contributors, what has happened to silly thinking?
      A follow up to a post a few up about editing CUK to suit yourself, it's far simpler than I imagined! Check this link, it's not a joke:

The xoggoth improved version of CUK general

It looks exactly the same as CUK General but scroll down and instead of

"Anyone here feel terrorised by Paul Nuttall?"

It says:

"Anyone here feel aroused by Paul Nuttall?"

If you want to do your own edited version of CUK the entire code for that is:

<?php
      $crap = file_get_contents('http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/');
      $crap = str_replace("terrorised","aroused",$crap);
      echo $crap;
      ?>
      Maybe you insulted them?

General is quite silly to start with. Much more Brexit and I will limit myself to LR and professional fora....

Comment

If I do not win CUK Pervert of the Year this year I shall demand to know why!
        You're up against stiff competition.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          You're up against stiff competition.
          Finbar Saunders has entered the thread.

Comment

Why is it that what doctors do is "practice"?

Comment

Moving education forward

Technology gives us some big improvements in our lives but there are also downsides. Many jobs, in manufacturing, office work, retail and commerce are disappearing as computer programs, machines and the internet advance. We need better education for our youngsters so they can stay a step ahead but spending longer in full time education has its downside too as they contribute to our economy and pay taxes for fewer years.

The obvious answer is for education to start at a much earlier age. Children really need to start learning useful things like IT, business studies and so on as soon as they enter primary school so it is essential that they are competent in the basics, like maths and science, before they leave nursery school. They can't waste their time learning simple stuff like how to walk or speak English, that really needs to be taught even earlier.

Last edited by xoggoth; 31 May 2017, 20:40.
              bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Bit puzzled by this news that many children are quitting playing online games because of online bullying given that so many online games seem to be war games that involve shooting other players.

Let's hope the UK isn't involved in too many real wars in the future, I'm not sure our soldiers would manage.

PS They should make a sensible post in favour of Br**** on CUK, that would soon toughen them up.
                bloggoth

Comment

PS They should make a sensible post in favour of Br**** on CUK, that would soon toughen them up.
                  F**k off and die...

Comment

It's all a matter of scale

Skimming the BBC text news while gnoshing my breakfast as usual and the science section had something about gravitational waves from two black holes that were 3bn light years away.

Who knows? Maybe black holes are not natural phenomena but are artificial routers created by enormous cosmic beings and gravitational fields, cosmic rays etc. are simply their version of WIFI. Perhaps this particular burst of gravitational waves was just an email message "Hi mum, sorry I forgot to send you a card. Happy birthday. Love XK^**($$ "

Of course, if such immense beings really exist, there could be another explanation for black holes.

Last edited by xoggoth; 2 June 2017, 09:03.
                    bloggoth

Comment

Scholars manage to decipher ancient texts and this should surely be easier now we have recognition technology - just compare each letter or symbol in a script to thousands of shapes and then use AI to choose the most logical translation.

I really need this app. I often scrawl silly ideas down when they occur to me but too often I can't read my own scrawls. Like one that appears to say:

SHNTR > 1/MORTD

No idea what it means but this has to be the best silly idea ever!
                      bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                      X