• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTM APN / FN Templates

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Have you asked Dawn?

My understanding is you can submit as many LoRs as you like. Provided it is before the deadline.
    Hi
    Thank-you, I called the HMRC APN team and they confirmed that you can indeed submit multiple LoRs prior to the deadline.

Comment

Its fine now
      Hi BriloPad

still down for me

503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
      Too many IP addresses accessing one secure area!
      Please contact Support if you need assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Samatra View Post
        Hi BriloPad

still down for me

503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
        Too many IP addresses accessing one secure area!
        Please contact Support if you need assistance.
        Is there a particular link you are trying to reach?

No To Retrospective Taxation | Campaign Against Retrospective Tax Legislation – Section 58 Finance Act 2008 works fine for me.

Comment

Thanks that link is OK

The one I used to use is

Captcha

Comment

Originally posted by Samatra View Post
            Thanks that link is OK

The one I used to use is

Captcha
            I tried that link and it worked fine for me. Try clearing your cache? Use a different browser?

Comment

Should I pay?

I'm in the fortunate position of being able to pay HMRC, having been with Montpelier for a relatively short time and having put some money aside in a CTD when HMRC started their time machine all those years back.

With the arrival of the APNs, I'm on the verge of paying them and taking "corrective action" (still not sure what that really means other than "relinquishing a denied advantage" which seems tautologous to me), and being done with the matter - at least that's my expectation, one never knows with HMRC.

Other than that, I don't see any other options - I can send another objection which may or may not annul the APN and at best will only delay the APNs a few weeks. All schemes promising to fight HMRC have been closed to newcomers for some time.

I have lost faith in Montpelier since their out-of-the-blue invoice for "services rendered" (and since until recently they were fighting on our behalf without cost to its members, who like my had no doubt paid them many thousands in fees). In short, I don't see many options left.

Should I pay?

Comment

Originally posted by phileds View Post
                I'm in the fortunate position of being able to pay HMRC, having been with Montpelier for a relatively short time and having put some money aside in a CTD when HMRC started their time machine all those years back.

With the arrival of the APNs, I'm on the verge of paying them and taking "corrective action" (still not sure what that really means other than "relinquishing a denied advantage" which seems tautologous to me), and being done with the matter - at least that's my expectation, one never knows with HMRC.

Other than that, I don't see any other options - I can send another objection which may or may not annul the APN and at best will only delay the APNs a few weeks. All schemes promising to fight HMRC have been closed to newcomers for some time.

I have lost faith in Montpelier since their out-of-the-blue invoice for "services rendered" (and since until recently they were fighting on our behalf without cost to its members, who like my had no doubt paid them many thousands in fees). In short, I don't see many options left.

Should I pay?
                In my opinion - delay. Send in the LoR. If that gets rejected pay at that point. You never know what may turn up.

Comment

What ever happened to that TAA malarkey?

Weren't NTRT running with that TAA argument? I heard 3 MP clients succeeded at tribunal with that but then it all went quiet. I tried joining NTRT but never heard back from them and now they're closed to new members.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastWinja View Post
                    Weren't NTRT running with that TAA argument? I heard 3 MP clients succeeded at tribunal with that but then it all went quiet. I tried joining NTRT but never heard back from them and now they're closed to new members.
                    You clearly didn't try hard enough to join.

It couldn't have been easier.

Comment

Well thank you for your response. I think I'm right in saying that it was meant to be delivered with a condescending tone. It was certainly hard to interpret otherwise.

It's a shame you appear to have made the assumption that it was as easy for me o join NTRT as it was for others but I assure you that is not the case. I cannot discuss the details on that, so don't ask.

My relationship with MP is almost certainly very different --and very much more complex-- than any client/MP relationship I have seen voiced in these forums over the years, and as such the path to joining NTRT was sadly not open to me until mid-last year.

But it's good that you got to have your little dig. Well done you.

Comment

Working...
                      X