• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outplacement Services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outplacement Services

I have been given funding from my soon to be previous employers to put towards outplacement/career coaching services. I've never done anything like this so don't really know the first place to look. Has anybody ever used any companies that provide this and have any thoughts on them?

Thanks.

Originally posted by jlharris View Post
    I have been given funding from my soon to be previous employers to put towards outplacement/career coaching services. I've never done anything like this so don't really know the first place to look. Has anybody ever used any companies that provide this and have any thoughts on them?

Thanks.
    I'll do it and split the cash with you.

Comment

I got quite a large sum from my previous employer for this and I spent it all with one company who I can highly recommend. Made me the man I am....

Spearmint Rhino
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks.
        I attended some of these sessions about 10 years ago and found them very useful. Lots of stuff about networking that was rather wishy washy, but also some very valuable CV writing tips. I still use the same approach with CVs now and it very rarely fails.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I got quite a large sum from my previous employer for this and I spent it all with one company who I can highly recommend. Made me the man I am....

Spearmint Rhino
          How is your pole dancing career panning out?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            It didn't. Spent too much time on the theory and didn't do any practice
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Paging NLadyUK.... Paging NLadyUK
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
                I attended some of these sessions about 10 years ago and found them very useful. Lots of stuff about networking that was rather wishy washy, but also some very valuable CV writing tips. I still use the same approach with CVs now and it very rarely fails.
                Yep, that's the thing. I don't want to waste the money on stuff I already know and sit there bored and not wanting to be there. Glad that you seemed to learn a good skill from it. Can you remember the company? Although I suppose a lot can change in ten years!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I'll do it and split the cash with you.
                  Definitely tempting!

Comment

Definitely tempting!
                    It's a form of consultancy, and that's what I do.

Comment

Working...
                    X