• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darren Upton goes down for 6 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      ****!
      You're not still waiting for him to do your self assessment, are you?

Comment

You might want to consider banning him Admin.

From the members directory:
        Darren@UptonAccountants More time posting than coding Darren@UptonAccountants is mostly harmless

PS sorry for those affected
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          You might want to consider banning him Admin.

From the members directory:
          Darren@UptonAccountants More time posting than coding Darren@UptonAccountants is mostly harmless

PS sorry for those affected
          Why ban him? He ain't going to be using it for a while.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Can we let this happen again?

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP View Post
            I wouldn't want any father to be denied access to his baby, but on reading that, and having recently got a bill due to Upton's mismanagement from 5 years ago.....screw him.
            I am usually an understanding chap myself but Darren could have sorted this out years ago by doing the decent thing and paying back the FSA, but no, he decided to try and bankrupt hundreds of others to live out a fantasy.

I wish no ill feeling to his family, but to be brutally honest my thoughts are for those (like myself) still struggling to keep their businesses going and worse those that have been forced out of business - their families and employees have suffered and had not had the benefit of flash cars and nice houses.

What galls me most is that this happened why do the 'professional bodies' that Darren was a member of not protect against this? If he was a solicitor that cost us this money we would have some recourse but accountants - no. Most of the payments were made using on line transactions which do not validate account names - had the amounts been paid by crossed cheque or in person - the transactions would have been automatically questioned / blocked? And finally of course 'professional indemnity insurance' does not cover outright fraud.

These loopholes must be tightened up before this happens again...

Comment

<<Placeholder for now.>>

Welcome to our newest member DarrenUptonsCellmate

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                +1 mind you we need to solve that harmless rating.

Click here pick a comment and -ve him.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Hasn't stopped me posting.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    ...Where's the old lag smilie?

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                    ...Can you write off the £13k as a loss on this year's accounts so at least you have less CT to pay this year?
                    Have you considered asking your accountant?

...er...

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

In the telegraph now..

Married accountant 'stole from clients to buy Ann Summers lingerie for mistress' - Telegraph
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X