• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do all UK female singers wish to sound like skanky Louisiana hookers?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do all UK female singers wish to sound like skanky Louisiana hookers?

Yeeee yauwwwww aaayeeee yyyyaaaa yauwwwww

Winehouse kind of gets away with it as she looks like a skanky Louisiana hooker but Duffy? WTF is she all about with that talky bit in Mercy?

Paloma Faith has to be the worst for it though, someone should tell her to stop channelling Billy Holiday.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Yeeee yauwwwww aaayeeee yyyyaaaa yauwwwww

Winehouse kind of gets away with it as she looks like a skanky Louisiana hooker but Duffy? WTF is she all about with that talky bit in Mercy?

Paloma Faith has to be the worst for it though, someone should tell her to stop channelling Billy Holiday.
    If you don't like it Grandad then don't f**king listen.

Simples.

Comment

To sell grammophone recordings and rights of entrance to musical performances? Sorry; MP3s and concert tickets?

Mind you Duffy annoys me a bit. She was on Jools Holland's Hootenanny last year trying to sing jazz, then along came Annie Lennox and showed how it's done. Duffy was outclassed.
      Last edited by Mich the Tester; 10 September 2010, 08:55.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Duffy was outclassed.
        Not hard.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          If you don't like it Grandad then don't f**king listen.

Simples.
          You probably think the wind of change by scorpions is the most beautifull thing you have ever heard.

Comment

You probably think the wind of change by scorpions is the most beautifull thing you have ever heard.
            There you go again, making assumptions.

Btw, I don't think "beautiful" and "popular music" go hand-in-hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              There you go again, making assumptions.

Btw, I don't think "beautiful" and "popular music" go hand-in-hand.
              Have you not admitted to having a Brian Adams album?

Comment

Nice if one could avoid listening to it. No such luck at the gym. Better than rap music at least, what does that thing they do with the slightly curved index finger in front of their face mean?
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Have you not admitted to having a Brian Adams album?
                  Now you're having a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Nice if one could avoid listening to it. No such luck at the gym. Better than rap music at least, what does that thing they do with the slightly curved index finger in front of their face mean?
                    A visual instruction for finding the G-spot?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X