• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why do all UK female singers wish to sound like skanky Louisiana hookers?"

Collapse

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I think you mean A Certain Ratio
    yes, that's it. I believe they are a supergroup made up of members of other groups.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    I wish I was hip, cool, happening and down with the kidz!
    You and Gary Glitter both.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Those of you who are regular readers of my threads

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Those of you who are regular readers of my threads will know that my favourite group is the Electric Light Orchestra. I have, however, had another musical epiphany recently and have discovered a wizard band called A Certain Ration. Absolutely fantastic - has anyone here ever listened to them?
    I think you mean A Certain Ratio

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Those of you who are regular readers of my threads will know that my favourite group is the Electric Light Orchestra. I have, however, had another musical epiphany recently and have discovered a wizard band called A Certain Ration. Absolutely fantastic - has anyone here ever listened to them?
    No.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I'd like to know just how familiar with "skanky Louisiana hookers" the main protagonists on this thread actually ARE?
    Do a poll...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I'd like to know just how familiar with "skanky Louisiana hookers" the main protagonists on this thread actually ARE?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    That is brutal.

ayyee ooaaayyeee ayeee oooowwwa eyyyee

Channeling Billiy Holiday indeed. Bunch of black dancers with her in a 30s style dress.

Yer not black love, you are not from Louisiana so stop trying to pretend you are.
    By your reckoning then Annie Lennox should sing like an Aberdonian fish-wife. Hang on a minute...

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Me liking this one...

That is brutal.

ayyee ooaaayyeee ayeee oooowwwa eyyyee

Channeling Billiy Holiday indeed. Bunch of black dancers with her in a 30s style dress.

Yer not black love, you are not from Louisiana so stop trying to pretend you are.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Winehouse gets away with it as the band Ronson mustered up was top class, with top class production.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Me liking this one...

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Comparing Paloma to the alcoholic winehouse is like comparing apples with pears. Winehouse is a mess. Paloma, from what I've read, had a fairly ordinary upbringing most of us could relate to.
    "he left me for another layyyydddeyeyeyeyeyeyey"

Jesus love, you are from London, why are you singing in that stupid accent?

Last edited by minestrone; 11 September 2010, 10:29.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    This video is not available in your country...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Paloma Faith has to be the worst for it though, someone should tell her to stop channelling Billy Holiday.
    Comparing Paloma to the alcoholic winehouse is like comparing apples with pears. Winehouse is a mess. Paloma, from what I've read, had a fairly ordinary upbringing most of us could relate to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X