• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pig flu at epidemic levels in London and Brum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    The cleanest obsessive compulsive hand washer and spotlessly clean health neurotic in the country could catch flu at the drop of a hat from one sneeze
    What worries me are the white kids pretending to be gangstaz and insisting on spitting all the time. Dirty little sods.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Cybermong, even if every ethnic food shop in the country was a festering germ-ridden hovel (and of course I'm not suggesting they are), what the *heck* has that to do with swine flu?

The cleanest obsessive compulsive hand washer and spotlessly clean health neurotic in the country could catch flu at the drop of a hat from one sneeze and pass it on as easily the same way. So hygiene doesn't enter into it.

Talk about Mr Non-Sequitur

It has a lot to do with it. Bad practices and ignorance of good health practices will be a major factor in aiding the spread of disease, be it swineflu or any other disease. If you cannot understand that commonsense point then no wonder swineflu will devastate our country.

Comment

I have been keeping an eye on the situation in Brazil, and also by coincidence since Thursday they have announced their first child deaths from swineflu, a girl of 11, and today, a boy of 9. It appears that the disease is hitting the youngest the hardest. Those that think this is a normal flu are fools IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          But different people would want to rename it to different things, depending upon their viewpoint.

And it may fork more than once - but how would you know if you were ignoring it because of the title you had given it?

How would you address that?
          Maybe a tag on the thread title to say how many tangents it has gone off on!

Oh dear I have just tangent++
          Last edited by MPwannadecentincome; 13 July 2009, 22:22.
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            I have been keeping an eye on the situation in Brazil, and also by coincidence since Thursday they have announced their first child deaths from swineflu, a girl of 11, and today, a boy of 9. It appears that the disease is hitting the youngest the hardest. Those that think this is a normal flu are fools IMO.
            Twat.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

... and in Argentina, swineflu is now killing 2 people in every 100 it infects. A 2% death rate in the UK population would mean over 1 million deaths, which incidentally was my prediction of last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                ... and in Argentina, swineflu is now killing 2 people in every 100 it infects. A 2% death rate in the UK population would mean over 1 million deaths, which incidentally was my prediction of last week.
                Twat
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Moscow Mule is such a great bloke.

Comment

DoH Update : July 10th
                    • GP consultation rates in England for individuals presenting with flu-like illness show increased rates - now above the threshold level for normal seasonal flu activity
                    • The 5-14 year olds remain the age group predominantly affected
                    • The majority of cases continue to be mild with 12 deaths in England to date, all with underlying risk factors

Despite there being a campaign to educate patients to call and get assessed via telephone, apparently some folks are still venturing outside, presenting to surgeries, and hence contaminating outside their own homes.

I read about a surgery closed for an hour the other day, as it had to be disinfected after a patient walked in and was diagnosed with it, instead of ringing the assessment line. Handles, chairs, counters, doctor's room, etc.

The NHS can only do so much to contain and control. The rest lies with the commonsense and intelligence of the general public.
                    Last edited by Board Game Geek; 13 July 2009, 23:38.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

One last try to restore decency...

Cyber, are you really suggesting racial uncleanliness? You realise many Indian/Chinese/etc restaurants are run by UK citizens, 2nd or 3rd generation descendants of immigrants. Do you think this so-called lack of hygiene is a genetic trait?

Can't you go back to banging on about Northern Rock?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X