• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pig flu at epidemic levels in London and Brum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Twat.
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Twat
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Moscow Mule is such a great bloke.
    Well the rest of us think so. He was merely pointing out your tedious grasp on reality.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Well the rest of us think so. He was merely pointing out your tedious grasp on reality.
      I was tempted to say:

tenuous

but in this case tedious is equally valid
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-Street.html

She was not given the anti-viral drug Tamiflu after her doctor apparently misdiagnosed her illness as tonsillitis.

That poor girl was dead 48 hrs after complaining of a sore throat.

Anyone here seriously trying to tell me normal flu kills perfectly healthy people in 48 hrs? Have you ever heard of perfectly healthy people getting normal flu and dying?

Comment

All these rational folks saying stay at home, you don't have kids do you?

If my kids get it I'll be straight into A&E, no messing. Containment phase is over after all.

Those that are told to stay at home 'it's probably tonsilitis' are the ones that could be paying a heavy price.

Trust no one, follow your instincts.

Comment

Whipping up a panic won't help either DP.

Apparently some poor sods who are healthy do die from normal flu. I haven't heard of any but I think there are stats out there.

Let's see what the outcomes are from the post-mortems first, eh? Assuming we believe them that is....

Comment

Yesterday, scientists writing for the journal Nature said swine flu was closely related to strains responsible for the 1918 pandemic which killed up to 100 million worldwide.

It penetrates deeper into the lungs and can cause more damage than normal flu - explaining why it can kill otherwise healthy people.

A lot of people here think Swine Flu is a joke. A sort of porkie man-flu.

It's stupid people like this that put others lives at risk.

Comment

ClientCo has put up "how to wash your hands" posters today.

Comment

A place I worked once used these (SFW), but it was pointless, because no ursines worked for us, and I doubt they could read anyway.
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Yesterday, scientists writing for the journal Nature said swine flu was closely related to strains responsible for the 1918 pandemic which killed up to 100 million worldwide.

It penetrates deeper into the lungs and can cause more damage than normal flu - explaining why it can kill otherwise healthy people.

A lot of people here think Swine Flu is a joke. A sort of porkie man-flu.

It's stupid people like this that put others lives at risk.
                    I am now starting to seriously worry about swine flu,

However, there is nothing you can actually do to prevent catching it, is there?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                      I am now starting to seriously worry about swine flu,

However, there is nothing you can actually do to prevent catching it, is there?
                      Not without going over the top.
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X