• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pig flu at epidemic levels in London and Brum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Why ? Are third world standards equal to Western standards ? Please explain.
    You just dont understand atall do you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You just dont understand atall do you?

No, and that is why I am asking you to explain, because you are wrong until you can explain otherwise IMO. You are typical of the PC brigade in that you poopoo an opinion purely because it does not fit in with your rose-tinted view of the world.

The fact is that tuberculosis and other diseases are now making a comeback in the UK. Why ?

Comment

The fact is that tuberculosis and other diseases are now making a comeback in the UK. Why ?
        Because nobody under 30 has heard of the BCG, never mind had one?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

No, and that is why I am asking you to explain, because you are wrong until you can explain otherwise IMO. You are typical of the PC brigade in that you poopoo an opinion purely because it does not fit in with your rose-tinted view of the world.

That rose-tinted view being anywhere to the left of Genghis Khan.

Comment

Because it wasn`t treated properly in third world countries causing it to mutate into becoming more resistant to treatment and therefore spreading again

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Because nobody under 30 has heard of the BCG, never mind had one?

From the BBC which I think bears out my argument that if you allow unfettered immigration from the Third World you will OBVIOUSLY get more disease imported :

QUOTE:
              Some estimate that TB was responsible for around 20% of all deaths in England and Wales in the 17th and 18th centuries. In the 19th and 20th centuries there has been a steady decline in deaths from the disease in industrialised countries. This was given a boost by the development of penicillin and other antibiotics in he last 50 years.

But the decline began to level out in he 1980s and since then the incidence of the disease has started to increase again.

In the developing world TB has remained common. It causes more deaths world-wide than any other infectious disease - about three million a year.

Spread of the disease in the developing world has been blamed on poor nutrition, poor housing and poor general health. In particular, many people infected with HIV are also vulnerable to TB.

UNQUOTE.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/me...tes/100618.stm

Comment

Idiots who don't trust doctors think that giving children immunisations is a bad idea.
                Idiots who don't read or follow instructions are not completing their anti-biotic courses, leading to resistant strains of the diseases.

If you think idiocy is restricted to immigrants, you need to look in the mirror.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                  Because it wasn`t treated properly in third world countries causing it to mutate into becoming more resistant to treatment and therefore spreading again

Exactly !! So it is coming from the Third World.

Comment

Exactly !! So it is coming from the Third World.
                    So you've changed your position from

"All Indians are dirty"

?

‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

TB is spread by people coughing and sneezing. Care to elaborate how this relates to third world hygiene, as opposed to say of us being vaccinated against it?
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                      X