• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'celeb' spotting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torran View Post
    Boy George, Neneh Cherry and Paul Rutherford in the same club in london in 1990.

Numerous DJs

Billy Connolly a few times.

Ewen MacGregor

a few randoms from eastenders and some footballers.
    I met Billy Connolly in a restaurant in Brighton, he kept telling me to **** off.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
      I met Billy Connolly in a restaurant in Brighton, he kept telling me to **** off.
      what did you expect

met him for the first time in a curry house in Glasgow. Very friendly

Comment

Originally posted by Torran View Post
        what did you expect

met him for the first time in a curry house in Glasgow. Very friendly
        I was pissed and insisted on photo's.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
          I was pissed and insisted on photo's.

Comment

I spoke to Mohammed Ali at Los Angeles airport in 1980 and he let me take his photo.

Comment

Met Billy Connolly a few times. See him a few times a year at the football, him and Rod Stewart.

Comment

Some of the people I have come across....

Met John Lennon at a party in Paris in the late 60's. He gave me a signed photo before I went home to bed.

Used to live next door to Supertramp in Portugal in the 70's where they were holed up doing something or other. They used to pop round when we had a party. Also Mungo Jerry lived just down the road for a while and went to school with some expat royalty there

Used to occasionally drink with one of the guys from Procul Harum many years ago in Brentwood. Another lived below us and he had a Finnish wife who used to sunbathe topless underneath my bedroom window

Met a number of blues musicians as they all used to play round the corner from the local and we wuz regular guests. This old long haired bloke kept getting in the way of me and the bar and I had to have words with him until someone pointed out it was Rory Gallagher

Lemmy (who was drinking with Charlie Harper in the Marquee) told me to **** off when I suggested that they should let some younger people have a go

Met and played in bands with various ex-members of Hawkwind, Gong, Here and Now, Iron Maiden, etc. on and off. One of the friendliest chaps I met was Nik Turner who saw us standing outside and invited us backstage prior to the gig for a chat, a drinkie poo, a smokie poo and general shenanigans

Had to interview Hawkwind for a German TV channel as the bloke who was doing it couldn't actually speak much English so he asked me if I would do the honours. got in free to the gig as well!

Had that bloke who sings in the Sisters of Mercy stand next to me with his bouncers at a Sex Pistols gig, boy is he short! Had a nice converstaion with him though

Met loads of those American grunge and Alternative bands, i.e Sebadoh, Yo La Tenga, Mudhoney, etc.

Lots of other stuff including being the star attraction in a TV Eye documentary in the early 80's about motorcycle accidents.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I've spoken to Glen Hoddle a few times. He used to play tennis at my club.

I also spent an hour with Bobby Ferguson (ex-Chelsea and Fulham manager) having a few beers when he was doing a football prize-giving at Bisham Abbey for my girlfriend, who was a manager there at the time. She had hired him but was embarrassed because she did not know what he looked like, so asked me to point him out on arrival. As he turned up in a 'Roller' it really should not have been a problem !!

Comment

Last Summary I saw Morrisey standing outside an Italian clothes shop on a side street just to the side of Harrods in London.

He had his arms folded, standing alone outside the shop waiting for something, he looked miserable.

Comment

I know the family that bought Gazza's house after he left Rangers.

I heard some dodgy tales about what they found when they were viewing the house.

I got his satellite box which he left.

Comment

Working...
                      X