• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thieving &^$*&^*($

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh, someone broke into my van a few years back and nicked a very cheap CD player and I got loads of bumf offering me trauma counselling and victim support.

One would say daft etc but I suppose having someone assess every crime to see if it merits such support would cost a lot more than just sending out a letter anyway.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Got a call from my neighbours second day of my holiday to let me know my front door had been crowbarred/kicked in and the coppers were on their way. In broad foookin daylight and nobody saw/heard a thing. I have been offered trauma counselling but I only want to inflict GBH on the muthaf***** that has my laptops, cellphones, PS3 etc etc.

Am off to get a piece of string and a shotgun.
      Hope all is okay but thats the state of the UK today, sad ain't it?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Bring on Sharia law then - two thefts by the same person and they'd have to learn new skills...
        they probably have sharia law in their own country, so they have moved here

Comment

Sorry to hear that. They will be back (or their mates) in a few weeks after you have replaced the goods.
          Sad to say but this is probably true. Crimmie types not only stick to an MO that they perceive as successful; they also prefer to revisit past "successes" as they think they know the layout of the land. Investment in security devices is probably well advised.

I fear also that crime's due to take off again. A lot of folk are losing jobs, or losing any chance of getting a decent job. If the alleged "crackdown" on doleys takes place, we're going to see a lot more toe-rags chance their arm at "wealth redistribution."
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Sorry to here that oracleslave.

Personally if I had my way anyone caught breaking into someones home should be forced to live in a field for 2 months, if they cannot respect someones home they should not have one of their own.

Comment

Bummer OS

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                "The worst case scenario is that I should get a job offer from Microsoft Search team, especially considering its all written in .NET"
                AtW - SKA News - 27th June 2005
                Do you have a link to prove I said that?

Comment

It's not worth catching them because they will only get a caution. I was reading last week that there are 7 support services for criminals for every one for victims. Well done HMG, because it's obvious that criminals need help more than their 'wealthier' victims.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Got a call from my neighbours second day of my holiday to let me know my front door had been crowbarred/kicked in and the coppers were on their way. In broad foookin daylight and nobody saw/heard a thing. I have been offered trauma counselling but I only want to inflict GBH on the muthaf***** that has my laptops, cellphones, PS3 etc etc.

Am off to get a piece of string and a shotgun.
                    Oh man you must be pissed! Where do you live?

Pointless catching them for the Police - this country is a total joke on giving out punishment. Best thing is to get in there and pound the f__k out of them ensuring any strikes are not on the back of the body and claim Self Defence. The only good think about this country over the past 5 years is the opinion on defending yourself in your own house within reason.

God forbid any c-unit that enters my house with me in their.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this OS.

Comment

Working...
                      X