• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thieving &^$*&^*($

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always lived in cul-de-sacs because they are relatively crime-free as people only go there if they actually live there, visit or deliver something. People never pass through cul-de-sacs, unless of course there is a badly situated footpath.
    I've never heard of a neighbour being broken into in over 50 years, whereas a previous boss of mine that lived on a country road was frequently burgled.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Do you have a link to prove I said that?

You really have become an obnoxious tosser. Do you really have to hijack every thread with your stupid postings?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Got a call from my neighbours second day of my holiday to let me know my front door had been crowbarred/kicked in and the coppers were on their way. In broad foookin daylight and nobody saw/heard a thing. I have been offered trauma counselling but I only want to inflict GBH on the muthaf***** that has my laptops, cellphones, PS3 etc etc.

Am off to get a piece of string and a shotgun.
        Not the best start to the new year, bloody barstewards, hope they catch them, but alas it's increasingly seen as a victimless crime!
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Personally if I had my way anyone caught breaking into someones home should be forced to live in a field for 2 months, if they cannot respect someones home they should not have one of their own.
          They probably already do live in a field
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Got a call from my neighbours second day of my holiday to let me know my front door had been crowbarred/kicked in and the coppers were on their way. In broad foookin daylight and nobody saw/heard a thing. I have been offered trauma counselling but I only want to inflict GBH on the muthaf***** that has my laptops, cellphones, PS3 etc etc.

Am off to get a piece of string and a shotgun.
            My next door neigbour got done the same way 3 weeks ago, just crowbarred the front door and walked in. I was then burglerd a couple of days back, they came in through the patio doors.

What area of London are you by the way ? I know this has been a spate in my area last month but it could just be because its xmas.

It so cock-sure doing front doors and in my case my neighbour and then me ! They must of been watching me as they knew that if my car was on the drive I'm most likely out as they did my house when my car was on the drive.
            Last edited by Bumfluff; 4 January 2009, 20:08.

Comment

Just got back from a week away and found that the missus had left the back door unlocked. London today eh? Safe as houses!
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Sorry to hear that OS. Where do you live?
                Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                I concur.

Oracle - where do you live?
                Originally posted by Liability View Post
                Oh man you must be pissed! Where do you live?
                Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post

What area of London are you by the way ?
                Putney

Comment

Is there a car boot sale near the Queen Caroline estate?
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

OS that sucks! Hope the b@stads get whats coming to them.

Comment

Sorry to hear this.

Sounds like someone knew you were going away. Had any scrotes in your house lately taking notes?

Comment

Working...
                      X