• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explosion in Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Yes! I remember trying to make home made land mines out of that!

<instructions deleted>

Hide in the long grass and wait for some chump to stand on it.

Fortunately, nobody ever did (and I doubt it would have worked anyhow)
    Love the Edit footnote!
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Love the Edit footnote!
      To prove how easy it is to find, my old man showed it to me from an old chemistry book.

Comment

Originally posted by InsertWittyNameHere555 View Post
        And your point is?
        PC and Love mate.

PC and Love.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          The perpetrator was born here. The perpetrator of the Westminster attack was born here. I don't think any British retirees in Spain are planing the downfall of the country. ...

The perps may have until some point enjoyed western culture (or parts of it) like those in Spain loving the cheap beer and British food. It's when for whatever reason they decide they now hate that culture and want to actively do something about it that we get these incidents.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Tory police cuts forced me to quit: Manchester inspector reveals effect of austerity policies on officers - Manchester Evening News

That’s the reality ma’am. Intelligence has dried up. There aren’t local officers. They don’t know what’s happening. They’re all reactive. There’s no proactive policing locally
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
              Look at the colour of her hands - I doubt she's Britain First Though the rest of her does look like a comedy muslim in a niqab straight from central casting
              I thought of this

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Explosion in Manchester

Andrew Neil - once again 100% on point

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcthiswe...87932731924480
                Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 26 May 2017, 05:23.

Comment

In 1914 when the 1st World War started all Germans living in France were ask/told to leave - those that did not were put in POW camps.

You can say that many of them were harmless and would not have taken up arms against the French - many may have been living in France for a while and may have felt there were more French than German.

ISIS has declared war on the UK and they claim they represent Islam.

What therefore is the correct response?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    In 1914 when the 1st World War started all Germans living in France were ask/told to leave - those that did not were put in POW camps.

You can say that many of them were harmless and would not have taken up arms against the French - many may have been living in France for a while and may have felt there were more French than German.

ISIS has declared war on the UK and they claim they represent Islam.

What therefore is the correct response?
                    um, wait, I know this one ...

Ask the Germans to leave again!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      um, wait, I know this one ...

Ask the Germans to leave again!
                      Sorry that's racist nowadays you are not allowed to do that - according to someone who I am not sure we ever agreed was going to set the rules but there you go.

Any other answers?

Comment

Working...
                      X