• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan K

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    That's Deliveroo.
    Sorry Tom, but you're not synergetic right now. Stay with me..

Deliveroo is "point to point". They simply take food from shop to consumer. I'm talking about a complete freeing up of the kebab market. As a consumer, as long as the product is good enough (*) , you shouldn't care where it comes from - you just go to kebabs direct and the market provides.

You could be knocking these kebabs out in your back garden with what's left from your BBQ this afternoon. Are you on board now, Tom?

(*) Kebabs direct is self regulating - deliverers are rated by consumers like on eBay. Any deliverer with a low enough "Mara-Doner" score gets a red card. The deliverer owns the quality obligation. That's how it works, Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post

Deliveroo is "point to point". They simply take food from shop to consumer. I'm talking about a complete freeing up of the kebab market. As a consumer, as long as the product is good enough (*) , you shouldn't care where it comes from - you just go to kebabs direct and the market provides.

You could be knocking these kebabs out in your back garden with what's left from your BBQ this afternoon. Are you on board now, Tom?

(*) Kebabs direct is self regulating - deliverers are rated by consumers like on eBay. Any deliverer with a low enough "Mara-Doner" score gets a red card. The deliverer owns the quality obligation. That's how it works, Tom.
      Mara-Doner, Red card. LOL. Nice touch.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

We need gamification and flexible market dynamics. You want a kebab Saturday night then you are bidding up for a quick delivery or taking a discounted rate but accepting a wider time slot so you can be bumped for a premium customer. Wednesday morning and there is a reverse auction with off peak loyalty points. 10 points and your next off peak delivery is made by a hot Polish dwarf.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          We need gamification and flexible market dynamics. You want a kebab Saturday night then you are bidding up for a quick delivery or taking a discounted rate but accepting a wider time slot so you can be bumped for a premium customer. Wednesday morning and there is a reverse auction with off peak loyalty points. 10 points and your next off peak delivery is made by a hot Polish dwarf.
          you obviously have experience with this market,
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            you obviously have experience with this market,
            Please. Don't cheapen this.

Comment

OK. I got you.

Whereas Deliveroo is a service that uses "Self-Employed" people ( or "media studies graduates" as they are also known ) to avoid paying the minimum wage and thus allowing the purveyors of low cost, low quality goods to deliver to their end customers at a price that otherwise be impossible to achieve you are proposing the creation of an ICE style market for junk food.

Allowing me, the consumer, to purchase a kebab by "hitting" the market, matching my purchase the to one of many sellers.

I like it. So we get dynamic pricing. A Kebab ordered on Friday night at 2:00am costs more than one for delivery at 10:00am on a Wednesday.

And of course, we can have kebab derivatives. Kebab shop owners can sell future contracts to lock in their profits and provide stability in the otherwise volatile kebab market and to hedge against fluctuations in the price of that strange elephant-leg that they "cook" by warming it over a small heater for 12 hours.

Good thinking.

Go and do it and report back in 12 months.

Comment

And of course, we can have kebab derivatives. Kebab shop owners can sell future contracts to lock in their profits and provide stability in the otherwise volatile kebab market and to hedge against fluctuations in the price of that strange elephant-leg that they "cook" by warming it over a small heater for 12 hours
                Are you taking the piss? The whole point is that there will be no kebab shop owners anymore. Or rather- we will all be kebab shop owners. Just like Uber levelled the taxi playing field, Kebabs Direct opens up the kebab market to the ambitious home chef. There is untapped value in your fridge and I'm unlocking it. It doesn't take a Gordon Ramsey to make a good kebab. In fact, kebabs direct has a recipe section for new signups.

The kebab shops have dominated for too long- but smart phones were a game changer.

Watch this space.

Comment

Are you taking the piss?
                  Of course not. I am fully onboard with your attempts to revolutionise the Kebab market.

There is untapped value in your fridge and I'm unlocking it.
                  There is something in my fridge, but it isn't untapped value.

Comment

Of course not. I am fully onboard with your attempts to revolutionise the Kebab market.

There is something in my fridge, but it isn't untapped value.
                    You are a sheep. Do you know what happens to sheep in the kebab trade?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      You are a sheep. Do you know what happens to sheep in the kebab trade?
                      They get shagged? Oh that is only in Wales.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X