• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU learning the hard way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    https://www.hrw.org/topic/childrens-...child-soldiers

probably not his fault remember many kids have upbringings too horrific for us to imagine.
    Maybe not his fault that he is now a sociopath but certainly the EU's fault for allowing him to exercise his Psychopathy on an innocent population.
    "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      What checks?
      Crimnal records references, CRB you name it. Or are you just the type that is happy to let in anyone based on their word?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Crimnal records references, CRB you name it. Or are you just the type that is happy to let in anyone based on their word?
        Police there have already stated he had no previous convictions.

What checks would you want run? You seem convinced it should be straight forward.

He came in as an unaccompanied minor at age 16, so he had to have gone through the relevant process to validate that. What else do you suggest they could have done?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Held him at detention camp and subjected him to checks - simple
          Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Police there have already stated he had no previous convictions.

What checks would you want run? You seem convinced it should be straight forward.

He came in as an unaccompanied minor at age 16, so he had to have gone through the relevant process to validate that. What else do you suggest they could have done?
          The only thing they can do to prevent this happening is to stop anyone coming in. Within any group of people there are inevitably going to be a very small number of violent criminals. No checking system would work, which is why DA's question "Very sad but why are they letting in people without vetting them?" is particularly moronic, even for him.

Of course, if you start questioning why he might have posted something so monumentally asinine, then you'll get the "huh, anyone questions immigration policy and they get called racist and bigotted" card played.

Yes, DA, I think you either posted this because you're either indulging a tendency to racism and xenophobia, or your trolling. Either way - have a rest.

For everyone else, it is perfectly possible to discuss immigration policy and the actions of a criminal in any country, without being racist and bigotted. Some of you just need to make the effort. Racism and xenophobia, or anything that looks like it will not be tolerated here.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Stone me, unbelievable.
            DA or NaT?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Stone me, unbelievable.
              Just don't say "Jehova", or else... (#LifeofBrian)
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

there is some suggestion and it makes sense that many convicted / suspected criminals move through Europe to avoid justice.

If I were a convicted criminal and could start again in a new country like the UK I would.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

there is some suggestion and it makes sense that many convicted / suspected criminals move through Europe to avoid justice.

If I were a convicted criminal and could start again in a new country like the UK I would.
                  Correct and if you "lose" your passport, you're given the benefit of the doubt. Especially if the place you left's police department has had the tulip bombed out of it.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

There as British crims bugger off to Spain, or drown in canoes and go to Panama.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Correct and if you "lose" your passport, you're given the benefit of the doubt. Especially if the place you left's police department has had the tulip bombed out of it.
                      Or doesn't cooperate with European coppers, 'cos they hate us and want to give us their criminals.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X